« Home | Shop your blues away. » | Random Thought Whenever » | Politickin » | Yes, Virginia, there ARE stupid questions. » | The Hot Dog Man Cometh » | Goodnight Nurse » | State Test » | Quickie in the A.M. » | Routine Changes » | Son of a Bitch » 

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 

Basketcase

I'm sleepy but I can't sleep.

My stomach hurts, but I can't puke.

My face feels hot, but the ceiling fan gives me a chill.

My throat is sore. Thanks, Tim.

This morning I cried over something that I imagined.

This afternoon I cried because I was so touched by someone's words of encouragement.

I feel sad and dirty, and I don't know if it's hormones or if it's because I voted for Hillary.

Yesterday I ate everything in sight. Today I had to force a meal into my body, and got no enjoyment from it whatsoever.

It sux to be sick when you're preggers, because there's so little you can take for it. Hope you feel better soon.

My goodness! You must be pregnant AND sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks.

So far I've just got a sore throat which seems to be connected to a sinus problem. I'm hoping it doesn't get a grip on me, so I'm drinking orange juice and PRAYING. It would suck to spend the rest of Spring Break being sick-- especially if there's nothing I can take for it. If I have to suffer, I may as well be at work.

I diagnose you with Even Stevenitis. That will be $89.

Next patient!

Don't I at least get a prescription?

I've heard that Benadryl is good for what ails you. Especially if you're ailing with a broken arm in Mississippi.

If only you had awakened during surgery, I could give you 10 fake vicodin.

But under no circumstances could I give you sweet, sweet Histinex, because I'm stockpiling it for a coughy day.

I can only suggest Sonic Cherry Diet Coke and Hot & Sour Soup. They are miracle elixirs.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health