« Home | Routine Changes » | Son of a Bitch » | Morning of a Thousand Assholes » | I Dream of Weenie » | Coffee Blues » | DeadpanAnn Gets Knocked Up » | I've got a big fat juicy secret. » | Corn Flakes, Disappointment, and Divine Providence » | Deep Sigh. » | Hire Power » 

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 

Quickie in the A.M.

Very weird dream last night. It flashed back and forth between a few seemingly unrelated scenes. At one point I was in some kind of building-- the tallest building I've ever been in-- and it was collapsing. I was feeling the floor go down like an elevator out of control, and things around me were catching fire. I knew I was going to die, and I was okay with it.

Then I was in some kind of camp. I didn't want to be there, but I can't tell if I was being held there against my will or what. I was lying on a cot in an otherwise empty room, and I didn't have any pants or underwear on-- just a t-shirt or a gown of some sort. I was thinking how nice it was to finally be able to sleep. Then my ass started itching, and I realized that the room was filled with a million mosquitos. I spent the rest of the dream scratching my ass.

Gotta love the power of the human brain to baffle you.

There was bad weather here last night. I went to bed at 8:30 and finally fell asleep about an hour later, so I missed the bad part. When I went to let the dogs out this morning, I noticed a lot of things in the yard were knocked over. Then I started reading the news, and apparently a tornado touched down at Camp Shelby, a building collapsed, and it injured 7 or 8 people. Nobody died from what I've heard so far.

I hope the kids aren't evil today. Hillbilly Mom hit the nail squarely on the head with her prediction that 8th graders get better and 7th graders get worse as the school year progresses. My 7th graders have been hell on wheels. And unfortunately they come to me at the very end of the day-- 6th and 7th periods-- so I'm good and worn out by the time they arrive with their shenanigans. I hope they do not shenan again today.

(Sorry HM. Had to borrow that one. It's a classic.)

No need to borrow. Just take it. There's plenty more where that came from.

I can't take credit. My son came up with that one, after being told to cut the shenanigans for tormenting his little brother. "I guarantee one thing. I WILL. Shenan. Again."

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health