« Home | I've got a big fat juicy secret. » | Corn Flakes, Disappointment, and Divine Providence » | Deep Sigh. » | Hire Power » | The Have Nots » | Drugs are bad, umkay? » | Sleep is more valuable in the morning » | Plan the "Do" Out » | Confessions of an American Ice Cream Eater » | Ol' ugly » 

Monday, February 25, 2008 

DeadpanAnn Gets Knocked Up

It's officially official. I'm pregnant.

Last week I was sure I was pms-ing because I was in superbitch mode. Bitchier than the average bitch, I'm telling you. I was miserable and irritable beyond explanation, and I was just praying for my period to start so I could start to feel normal again. Then I didn't start as expected.

On Friday morning I took a test, and the "positive" line was just barely there. I went and had blood drawn, but couldn't get the results for two days. Saturday I had another "barely positive" positive. Everything I read in the directions and on the fifty sites I Googled said that any line at all was positive, even if the line was faint. So yesterday I made Tim go buy one of those digital ones that says "pregnant" or "not pregnant," and I took it this morning. It said "pregnant" in plain English, and that pretty much confirmed it for me, but I still wanted the results of the blood test, which I thought I would get today.

When I called the clinic they said it would be tomorrow before they could give me the results. What?!? No way was I waiting until tomorrow! So I called my regular ob-gyn and they said they could do it as soon as I walked in the door and could give me the results 20 minutes later. Sweet! So I took off work to get this done because I was dying to know for sure. I wanted conclusive proof.

They drew blood and sent me to wait in the lobby. That was the longest 20 minutes of my life. Probably because it stretched out to 50 minutes before I got up and asked why it was taking so long. Turned out the nurse was on lunch, so my results were just sitting there. So a young lady-- a tech or an assistant or something-- finally called me back and explained the situation. She took me to a little cubby hole in the wall and showed me the result. Positive. She told me to start prenatal vitamins and make an appointment with the doctor before I left.

My first appointment is March 7.

Tim's head is about to explode.

Congratulations! I THOUGHT that might be what you were talking about. Break out the pickles and ice cream and let the games begin.

YAY!!! I'm so FREAKIN' excited! :)

Sweet Gummi Mary!!! I go away to a conference, and you've gotta go and get pregnant the minute my back is turned.

Congratulations!

And just so you know, I'm not going to any more conferences.

Congrats!

Woohoo! Congratulations!

Many congratulations, DPA.

Of course, now everyone knows you've "done it"!!!!!

Congratulations. I hope it will be the most magical experience of your life.

Best wishes for you two. Or three?!?

mtbmike

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health