« Home | It's too early for this being awake stuff. » | Random Thought Whenever » | Home Making » | SuperTeacher » | Shitty Day » | Morning. » | Nobody said life was fair. » | Got Snot? » | Sick Idiot. » | Little Johnny Smells Like Cheech » 

Friday, February 08, 2008 

Ol' ugly

A kid called me ugly yesterday. She wasn't my student, but I had to send her to the office for acting like a damn fool between classes. Calling me ugly wasn't what got her in trouble; that came afterwards. She decided to say it halfway under her breath as she complained about how unfair I was for sending her to the office, and she was doing this as she was stomping off in anger. It kind of made me laugh a little. It was a little reminder that the kids are, well, kids. I can't remember the last time I was called ugly, but I'm thinking it must've been pre-"fat white rabbit fucker." If I ever get called anything more random than that, I'll let you know immediately.

I'm so glad it's Friday. This week has felt so long. Perhaps it's because I haven't actually worked 5 consecutive days in the last several weeks, thanks to Martin Luther King and bronchitis. Today might be tough. I need to get there early this morning to grade some tests and enter some grades, but I'm still sitting on the bed with a cup of coffee.

Tomorrow, I sleep!

I don't mean to brag, but a 7th grade girl once drew a full-page picture of MY ugliness, and wrote a caption underneath: "Mrs. Hillbilly Mom, the ugly, ugly science teacher. So ugly even the dogs don't like her."

Oh stop trying to make me feel better. We all know you're OH SO PRETTY!

Yes, I am. According to an independent survey of one crazy woman conducted in a local Save-A-Lot on New Year's Day, 2006. Margin of error plus or minus '1'.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health