« Home | Little Johnny Smells Like Cheech » | Yellow Tears » | The Sperm Embargo » | Dog blogging, coffee addiction » | Lessons. » | The Cruise » | I'm sorry, people. There's plenty going on, I sup... » | Four down, three to go » | Teachers Are Thrillseekers at Heart » | Preview » 

Thursday, January 24, 2008 

Sick Idiot.

BAH!

I think I'm getting a sinus infection. This morning I was nauseated, and even though it went away after I had a Sprite, it came and went for the rest of the day. Then this afternoon my throat and sinuses started to feel raw, so I think they are what's making my stomach hurt. A fellow teacher who came into my room to observe a student today noticed I was sick and asked me about it. Her first thought was that I'm pregnant. She didn't know that I want that to happen-- but it turns out she is trying to get pregnant too, so once she revealed that fact I felt comfortable responding with "I wish!" Anyway, I would love to think that, but even if that were the case it would be far too early for me to be sick or whatever. I've been a little cough-y and snotty and what not for a day or two. Hopefully it won't get me all the way down. I don't think I have many sick days left in my arsenal of slacker tools, and I've got a doctor's appointment coming up that I must not miss.

Our a/c and heater unit is about to crap out, I'm afraid. Every time it cuts on, you can hear it go through some unnatural sounding processes. It's like a 90 year old woman trying to get up out of her rocking chair. It's not just a one step thing; it's a process, and things creak and moan and threaten to give out. When it cuts off it rattles for about 15 seconds. It is as old as the house. I suppose 25-ish is pretty old for an a/c unit, isn't it? I dunno. How many human years is one a/c unit year?

Yesterday I did something foolish. I volunteered to play in the teachers vs. students basketball game. As soon as the student council came out of their meeting today, where they received the list of teachers who would be playing, word spread. "Oh, I'll pay to see that!"

I spent the rest of the afternoon thinking about what an ass I'm going to look like. Y'all, I'm fat. And I'm gonna run? RUN? Like, farther than to the refrigerator? What have I gotten myself into?

Well I may as well do it right. I think I'll get some tall knee socks and ridiculous sneakers and a headband and start talking smack about the other team.

I'm an idiot.

Labels:

Look at it this way: As long as you don't piss yourself, you'll be one up on the student team.

Just don't start dirty dancing in the middle of the gym floor like one of our teachers did. Of course she is built. Her new breasts and belly button ring were showcased well.
Holley

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health