« Home | The Sperm Embargo » | Dog blogging, coffee addiction » | Lessons. » | The Cruise » | I'm sorry, people. There's plenty going on, I sup... » | Four down, three to go » | Teachers Are Thrillseekers at Heart » | Preview » | Ron Paul on Jay Leno » | Bienvenido a Cuba! » 

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 

Yellow Tears

Today I'm only having one cup of coffee. Maybe I'll buy some decaf so I can have some of that after my regular cup, or maybe I'll just wean myself off completely. I don't want to be weaned off, to be honest. Morning coffee is good to me in more ways than one. It's so comforting, and it gives me a good reason to sit in front of the computer without doing anything productive for the first 30 minutes of my day. If I cut it out, I'll have to change my morning routine, and it has become my favorite part of the day. This is the only time of the day that I don't have someone demanding something of me.

A tragedy took place in my classroom yesterday. I'm almost afraid to blog about it, lest someone figure out who I am. You know, cause I've been so anonymous that I'm sure that's been impossible to do before now. Riiiiiiiiight. Anyway, let's just say a child had an unfortunate accident that you wouldn't expect to happen after first or second grade. This time it wasn't my fault. She was sitting there squirming and I told her she could go, but we were in groups and things were a little chaotic and she apparently didn't understand what I meant when I looked at her and said, "You can go ahead and go." I didn't mean RIGHT THERE. It was awful enough that this happened to her, but when the other kids saw it they were cruel-- especially one of them. I wrote her up and I hope they suspended her. If she had been my daughter, or if this was 1950 or something, I would've let her have it. Sometimes I can't believe how childish and ruthless they can be to each other.

The school year is almost over, right? Right?

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health