« Home | Ron Paul on Jay Leno » | Bienvenido a Cuba! » | Go Serve Yourself » | Fender Bender » | Happy Freakin' New Year! » | So we decided to start a cult » | Randomocity » | Booty » | Ho Ho yawn » | Merry Birthday » 

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 

Preview

I got back home Monday night, exhausted. Yesterday I slept most of the day, and today I'm going back to work. A week ago, before I left, I was bored to death and missing my kids and I hate to admit it, but I was kinda ready to go back. Now? Now I just feel tired and puddin-headed and out of my groove. I did not get my groove back on the cruise or in the Bahamas.

Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of fun. I just felt like I spent way too much time on my way somewhere, and never got where ever I was going. The fact that I never really found that big piece of cheese at the end of the maze just made all the bullshit I endured seem that much worse, so the end of the trip was hard. Miami? I hated it. It's expensive and nobody speaks English. I felt like a foreigner, and was treated like one. Everyone we met on the ship totally reinforced the stereotype of northerners as fast-talking, snippy, and rude. By the time we got the hell out of Miami, I was longing to hear Southern accents. People in other places are not the same as us. We are really a tiny little piece of the world, and I have a new appreciation for it. God bless Mississippi.

Nassau was beautiful, but sketchy in parts. We spent too much time going and not enough time getting. We visited the Atlantis Hotel, ate at a local restaurant called Cafe Skans, went to a tattoo shop (that's another post in itself) and then the day was pretty much over.

I've got lots more to say and pictures to post, but I'm short on time. I have no clue what I'm doing in class today, so I've gotta get there early and get my bearings.

More later.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health