« Home | Ho Ho yawn » | Merry Birthday » | WTB: espresso i.v. drip » | Shop Another Day » | Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow... » | People are stupid... » | Go Elf Yourself » | Brownies and Cakes and Pies OH MY! » | Randomness » | I'd rather be at the dentist » 

Thursday, December 27, 2007 

Booty

Our Christmas was fine. We went to Tim's sister's house on Christmas Eve, and I left from there and went directly to my mom's that night. I returned home yesterday with a car load of booty.

My mom and I got each other the same thing. My sister told me she wanted one of those digital picture frames, so I bought her one. She got me one too. It wasn't the same kind I got her, but still. I thought they were getting me a wireless router. Not sure where they got the idea for the picture frame. It's cool though. I ain't complaining.

They got Tim a digital camera, but he doesn't know it yet because he hasn't opened it. So I'm thinking maybe I can take the camera to work and take some pictures of my kids doing activities, then load them into the picture frame. They'd probably love to see it playing their pics in front of the activity table or some place where it won't be a distraction.

I got lots of other goodies too. I got a pretty necklace, some old antique books, a couple of new books, a coffee thermos from my aunt (not Aunt C), a few new towels, an SD card for my picture frame, a new pair of shoes from Tim, a Bible holder from Tim's sister (for my birthday) and some other stuff that I can't remember. Oh yeah-- Gramma gave me a gallon of hand soap, bless her senile heart. I didn't know they were coming and I didn't get her anything. Not that she'll remember.

Other than that, there's not much to tell. My mom's got a giant red cast on her left foot, and can barely get from the couch to the toilet. She's got weeks to go before it'll be back to normal, and probably a surgery between now and then. Thanks to the fact that we let our insurance companies make medical decisions for us, she's got to hobble around for 3 weeks before she can have the surgery. Because you know, even though the guy who went to medical school and has experience with this stuff says it needs surgery, there might be a miracle, and the bone might magically heal on its own. They wouldn't want to pay for the surgery now if they can put it off and cause someone to suffer a little while longer just in case.

In other news, I over ate. A lot.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health