« Home | Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow... » | People are stupid... » | Go Elf Yourself » | Brownies and Cakes and Pies OH MY! » | Randomness » | I'd rather be at the dentist » | Typing. (In Stereo.) » | Happy students: The croutons on my salad. » | I'm goin' on a cruise, bitches! » | Irony » 

Friday, December 21, 2007 

Shop Another Day

Finally, I'm home free. It was an easy day at work. Only a few kids were there, and it was basically a matter of just holding them in the room between bells. We didn't do anything educational, even though I had planned something. They were sweet. They had all brought food, and they were sharing it with me and each other. They were giving gifts to each other, and I even got a couple of happy packages myself. One of my big football players even came and hugged me and said Merry Christmas. He's been a tough nut to crack, so I felt like that was monumental.

I love my kids.

I did attend the Christmas "party," though I would hardly call it that. It should be called a "fifty tired teachers crammed into a small space wondering when the hell they're going to start taking our damn orders already."

The fun people sat at the bar. I didn't, but I could hear them. I'm not sure if any lampshades were involved, as the librarian didn't show and I stuck to the unsweet tea. All in all it was a somewhat disappointing event.

One of the math teachers had her 6 month-ish old boy there, and he was a
keyyouuuuuuuuuuuuuteeeeeeee!!! I went and held him, and I swear it made my ovaries tingle.

After work I decided I'd better start Christmas shopping, so I ventured to the wild side of Hattiesburg. I was almost killed several times by crazy drivers, but I survived and managed to get gifts for my niece and nephew as well as something for Tim. I already have my dad's gift and know what I'm getting my mother, but I didn't track one down before I got tired and went home.

To say that I'm tired would be an understatement. I'm going to pass out before 9:00..... again.

My parents' anniversary is today. I think it's their 36th.

Labels:

I will second that 'somewhat disappointing event'.

When I was your age, before HH and the young'uns, I was not just a teacher, but also a coach. We had our conference coaches' banquet at a Holiday Inn in Rolla. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Charlie Spoonhauer was the keynote speaker. I would venture to say that a good time was had by all. Around about 11:30 p.m., the staff cut us off from the keg. That was just after my friend's friend, who coached at a neighboring school, asked me if I wanted to go out to his car and give him a BJ. I politely declined. When we left, we drove past his car, and saw that someone had accepted his offer.

It was NOT Charlie Spoonhauer.

Eww. Random blowjobs. The "grab bag" of STDs.

Always a good time happening at the fabulous Rolla Holiday Inn... but it's not as classy as getting blown at the Stonehenge replica.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health