« Home | I'm goin' on a cruise, bitches! » | Irony » | I can't think of a good title through all the snot... » | Fried Meatloaf » | Red Tape, Yellow Ropes, and an Asshole in Blue » | Bored of Education » | Back to it » | A Tale of Two Titties » | I want some crack! » | Shut up and pass the gravy. » 

Friday, December 07, 2007 

Happy students: The croutons on my salad.

Got a good evaluation today at work, along with some pats on the back for being awesome.

Yesterday at lunch several girls actually argued over who would get to sit next to me. Can you believe it? They usually scramble to find new seats when I sit down next to them. Then while I was sitting there thinking about how shitty the salad was, one of them said, "Mrs. DPA, it seems like when those new rules came, you got nice!" Another kid chimed in, "Sho did! I used to be like Man I gotta go up in Mrs. DPA's class! But now I like comin' to this class. We be havin' fun up in there now!"

That made my WEEK! (Made the salad seem better too.)

The best part is that I'm not just being nice. I'm working their little asses off. I went to a really good workshop last week and learned lots of new things about how to motivate them. When I got back, I came in guns blazing with some new rules and procedures. They don't even realize that they've done about 300% more work this week. They're too busy enjoying the structure. And the fact that I'm less stressed out, which I'm sure is why they think I'm being nicer.

I also got permission to miss the first day back after the break and the cruise. This means I can abandon my plan to call in exhausted that day. It's a professional development day, so it's not like they have to find a sub. It's gonna suck to not have that day to ease back into work, get my stuff ready, etc. Ya know what though? I ain't sweatin' it.

I'm gonna swim with dolphins. Swim. With dolphins.

I can't believe you'd pass up a wonderful opportunity like a "professional development day," Meanie. Oh sure, they're pretty and all, but will the dolphins yell at you for having poor morale? Probably not, but they might try to rape you...

And to be fair, you don't have the best track record when it comes to keeping sea creatures out of your pants.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health