« Home | Fried Meatloaf » | Red Tape, Yellow Ropes, and an Asshole in Blue » | Bored of Education » | Back to it » | A Tale of Two Titties » | I want some crack! » | Shut up and pass the gravy. » | Woohoo! » | Ways to tell the rednecks are off work » | Blogaganda » 

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 

I can't think of a good title through all the snot in my head.

There's lots of juicy stuff happening at work right now. Lots of juicy stuff that I dare not blog about. It really sucks when the most bloggable events in your life are completely and totally unbloggable.

In other boring news, I've had a headache for twelve hours now, and my throat is sore. Sneezing is painful, but unavoidable. There have been lots of sick kids at work, and several sick teachers. I'm trying not to miss anymore days so I hope I'm not going to get really sick. Seems like when you notice in the afternoon that your throat is a little sore, you wake up truly sick the next morning. I took 3 days already, so I only have a few sick days and one personal day left. You never know what might happen. I might come down with a case of morning sickness, or suddenly have a reason to go to the doctor a lot.

My classes have been rockin' and rollin' lately. I've been pumped up and totally doing the teacher thing to the fullest. My kids are loving my class right now and I hope I can keep the momentum. It's hard to always be two steps ahead of them, but that's what works. They have a test tomorrow. I'm hopeful that the scores will be up this time. It's always a huge letdown when you get the scores back and they have sucked even harder than you previously imagined possible, and I always get a little discouraged and depressed but somehow renew my hope every time. (That hope is easier to find when you take a sick day, by the way.) This time if they suck, I'm not gonna get depressed. We're just gonna keep doing the same stuff until they get it, dammit. Who cares if I get behind? It doesn't much matter how closely we follow the schedule if they're not really learning anything.

Now I gotta go to bed and imagine all the funny things I could've said about that unbloggable stuff.

It never seems to fail that when you CAN'T call in sick, that's when you actually get sick. Murphy's law.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health