« Home | I'd rather be at the dentist » | Typing. (In Stereo.) » | Happy students: The croutons on my salad. » | I'm goin' on a cruise, bitches! » | Irony » | I can't think of a good title through all the snot... » | Fried Meatloaf » | Red Tape, Yellow Ropes, and an Asshole in Blue » | Bored of Education » | Back to it » 

Sunday, December 16, 2007 

Randomness

My mom broke her foot, and broke it good. She can't walk for at least 3 weeks, and probably longer if they do surgery, which they will. The doctor said they don't expect it to heal on its own, but they have to give it three weeks or else the insurance won't pay for the surgery.

Tonight Tim and I went to see No Country for Old Men. I don't know what to say about it. The only word that comes to mind is unsatisfying. I felt like I had been navigating a maze for the last two hours, only to come to the end and have the promised cheese eaten in front of me. When the credits rolled, someone in the theater actually said, "That's the worst Coen brothers movie I've ever seen."

I have to work all week this week, all the way until noon on Friday. Then there's a Christmas party at a local restaurant, and we've been told that if we elect not to go to the party we have to stay at the school and work until 4:00. So I'll be going to the party.

My birthday is a week from today. That's Sunday, December 23. I'll accept gift cards, cash, or liquor.

I left my favorite to-go thermal coffee cup in the car for two weeks, and it's got mold in it. I soaked it in bleach water, washed it, and then put it in straight bleach, where it still is now. I'm a little scared to use it again but I'd hate to throw it away. What do you think? Bleach should kill the bad stuff, right?? RIGHT???

There are lesson plans to be written.

Interesting take on No Country. A friend of mine, who is easily the biggest Cohen Brothers fan in Hammistan told me that the last two had let him feeling let down, but that they had "redeemed" themselves with No Country.
Personally I can't say, as I haven't seen any of their movies since Oh Brother. I tried to see I Am Legend this weekend, but they were sold out until Groundhog's Day... or Monday - you know, whichever.

I don't think this is a spoiler, but it might be, so read at your own risk...





The whole movie was about this guy "Sugar" chasing this guy "Lou Ellen" (sp?) to kill him for taking some drug money. Sugar kills everything in sight, and Lou Ellen decides to fight back. Then they don't even show the showdown between Sugar and Lou Ellen.










It was a BAD ASS movie, but...but... :sigh:

We're going to watch it again to hopefully clear up some things.

Your cup should be fine. If it still smells moldy after the bleach, fill it with water and drop a tablespoon of baking soda in and stir. That should remove the smell. Merry Christmas.

Holley

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health