« Home | Shop Another Day » | Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow... » | People are stupid... » | Go Elf Yourself » | Brownies and Cakes and Pies OH MY! » | Randomness » | I'd rather be at the dentist » | Typing. (In Stereo.) » | Happy students: The croutons on my salad. » | I'm goin' on a cruise, bitches! » 

Saturday, December 22, 2007 

WTB: espresso i.v. drip

A few years ago I bought one of those bright ass lights that are used for treating SAD and sleep disorders. I haven't used it regularly in a long time, but I think I'm going to have to start sitting in front of it for two hours every morning. I can't figure out why I'm so tired, and less sunlight is the only thing I can think of. All day today I've dragged my ass, and I've been this way for a week or so. I thought it was just because I was tired from work, but last night I slept more than 8 hours and felt no better today. Actually, I felt like a million bucks at 8:30 this morning. I cooked breakfast for Tim while he got ready for work, and couldn't help but sing and dance in front of the stove-- and that was after only one cup of coffee. The energy lasted for about two hours, and since then it's been like having weights tied to my feet.

There was a long list of things I needed to get done, and I got less than half of it done. Fortunately I'm not going to work Monday, so it's not the typical weekend situation where I have to do it right away, but still. The kitchen is a total wreck, there's a five foot pile of clean, unfolded clothes on the floor by my bed, we have no groceries, the toilet paper supply is dangerously low, there are books piled on the pool table and I need to put them up somewhere, there's a "Goodwill" box in my trunk that's been there for three weeks...the list goes on.

Today wasn't a total waste. I did get some things done. All together, it was about two hours worth of actual movement spread out over an eleven hour period, and I'm spent. Spent I say. It's 7:00 and I'm ready for bed. I'm gonna go wrap some presents and see if there's anything good on t.v. Maybe I'll get a second wind. Actually, it would be my first wind.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health