« Home | WTB: espresso i.v. drip » | Shop Another Day » | Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow... » | People are stupid... » | Go Elf Yourself » | Brownies and Cakes and Pies OH MY! » | Randomness » | I'd rather be at the dentist » | Typing. (In Stereo.) » | Happy students: The croutons on my salad. » 

Sunday, December 23, 2007 

Merry Birthday

It's my birthday. I'm 29 and holding.

This morning when I woke up, there was a cake and some balloons on the table. Tim said he tried to get them to write "Happy 30th birthday, Ann" across the cake, but there wasn't room for the "30th" to fit because there were lots of icing roses on the top. He's lucky there wasn't room, or else there might not be room for him in the bed. He said he's still going to tell everyone it's my 30th birthday. Butthole.

I hope my kid has a normal birthday-- not a Christmas/birthday birthday, or a New Year's/birthday birthday, or a September 11th birthday or anything like that. My sister's birthday is June 16, and I've always thought that was a fine day to be born. It's just warm enough for pool parties, and school's out so all your friends can come over.

I'll be spending the day cleaning the kitchen. I neglected to do it yesterday, and this morning while I was making Tim's lunch a mouse ran across the counter right in front of me. He looked pretty fat, too, so I think he's been finding lots of crumbs in there. I'm going to clean the cabinets out completely and make sure there's nothing back there to encourage him. After today he's going to need to find another place to eat. Hopefully he'll check The Trap first. I hear the peanut butter's tasty there.

My bday is April Fool's Day. April Fricking Fool's Day. And I was supposed to be born May 12 -- a nice normal day. My mom's is New Year's Eve, and my mother-in-law's is Christmas Day,so I guess it could have been worse. Well, except for high school.

Yeah that does seem like it could suck. April Fool's Day is the stupidest not-a-holiday of the entire year.

I disagree. The patheticness of Arbor Day leaves other holidays in the dust. Seriously, at least you can have a good time on April Fools' Day. Who the hell even knows when Arbor Day is?

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health