« Home | So we decided to start a cult » | Randomocity » | Booty » | Ho Ho yawn » | Merry Birthday » | WTB: espresso i.v. drip » | Shop Another Day » | Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow... » | People are stupid... » | Go Elf Yourself » 

Monday, December 31, 2007 

Happy Freakin' New Year!

I miss the days when I used to write creative, funny posts. Nowadays it ranges from what I had for breakfast to what ridiculous thing Tim and I spent money on to what crazy diet I'm trying to do.

Tonight I'm not feeling particularly creative, and I hafta cook something healthy, so there's not much time. So I thought I'd just ruin New Year's for everyone else by reminding you that it used to be celebrated in April, or on the first new moon after the first day of spring. It was spring, after all. Celebrating it in January didn't come along for a long time, and it was sorta by accident and means nothing. In fact, it doesn't even make sense. Look out your window. Do you see any signs of new beginnings out there? I don't. But if it were April? Ahh, there ya go.

Oh yeah. The Catholic church condemned New Year's Eve celebrations because they said it was a pagan holiday. But then those Catholics were always condemning something, weren't they? Such downers. No wonder they drank so much wine.

One last thing before I go pull this stick out of my ass--- Tomorrow's gonna be just the same as today.

I used to greet each year with renewed hope and optimism. Now I'm just hopeful the new year sucks just a tad less than the old one. Happy freakin' new year, indeed.

Oh, and I'm still wondering about your fender bender on Christmas. There's your next post right there.

You are ever the ray of sunshine, Miz Ann. Happy New Whatever.

I tried to leave this comment last night, but Blogger was all wonky and wouldn't take it.

Judging from your 'cult' post, I have a feeling that you did not cook up a big pot of bacon and black-eyed peas to ring in the New Year. Once upon a time, I just happened to be making some black-eyed peas, which meant opening a can and dumping them in a pan, and my grandma called. Out of the blue, she asked me if I was having some black-eyed peas. "It's considered good luck, you know, to eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day." If only she had also told me about eating cabbage for money...

Actually, I bought black-eyed peas and cabbage, but forgot to cook them. I may go put them on now. Nothing wrong with black-eyed peas and cabbage. It's the lard, I think, that gets ya. The debble's playground was all out of hog jowls.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health