« Home | Happy Freakin' New Year! » | So we decided to start a cult » | Randomocity » | Booty » | Ho Ho yawn » | Merry Birthday » | WTB: espresso i.v. drip » | Shop Another Day » | Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya, Tomorrow... » | People are stupid... » 

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 

Fender Bender

Tomorrow I have to meet the insurance adjuster about getting my car fixed. The damage isn't as bad as it could've been, but since I pay for insurance I may as well not drive around with two holes in the back bumper.

As for the fender bender itself, it was a very unexciting event. In fact, from the time it happened to the time we drove away only took 20 minutes. My sister and I were going down Goodman Road in Horn Lake, and we were behind an idiot. It was a teenager who kept stopping for too long at red lights because she was leaning over and talking to a guy in the car next to her. When I first saw what she was doing, I tried not to be too irritated, lest I become one of those grouchy ladies who bitches about teen drivers. After all, I distinctly remember stopping in the middle of the road near Bullfrog Corner when I was 15 or 16 to talk to some guys in another car. But that area wasn't nearly as busy then as it is now. Anyway, we were behind her for a while. When we got to the light near I-55, she stayed stopped again when the light turned green. I said, "What the hell is wrong with this stupid little----" BLAM! An old fart hit us from behind.

Of course the dildo who really caused it drove off unharmed, and probably never even knew she had helped cause an accident. Someone needs to grab that girl up and shake her and tell her that the intersection of I-55 and Goodman is not the place to screw around in traffic, if you must do it at all. The guy who hit us was nice about it, though a little nonchalant for my taste, considering that it was technically his fault, and his car was unharmed while mine was not unharmed. The cop was nice about it. My insurance is being nice about it so far. My sister and I both had headaches for a while afterwards because he hit us hard enough to bash our heads into the head rests, but that was to be expected.

I just hope it's not an omen. I got hit on Christmas Day, and the first thing that happened to me this morning? The dog peed on me.

(Thanks for reminding me to blog about this, DamnYank. I always forget the good stuff.)

Car wreck on Christmas and then peed on by the dog...Good grief that sucks. It will get better now... Especially if you start that cult.... ;-)


-Shane (doc)

Surely, there's nowhere to go but UP from that.

Yeah the cult's doing okay so far. I think I'm gonna need a fresh dose of cult propaganda when I get back from this cruise, though. There's sure to be some deviation from the Health Cult Dietary Guidelines.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health