« Home | Sleep is more valuable in the morning » | Plan the "Do" Out » | Confessions of an American Ice Cream Eater » | Ol' ugly » | It's too early for this being awake stuff. » | Random Thought Whenever » | Home Making » | SuperTeacher » | Shitty Day » | Morning. » 

Friday, February 15, 2008 

Drugs are bad, umkay?

Yesterday I found a very poorly rolled joint on the sidewalk outside my classroom. They had attempted to roll it in what looked like regular copy paper-- probably the remnants of a study guide they weren't going to use anyway-- and they had burned one end of it. Not only is rolling a joint in copy paper a stupid thing to try, it's a waste of what smelled like halfway decent weed. And it speaks to their lack of experience. I could teach them more than English.

Last night was a night of a dozen dreams for me. I had a very realistic dream that there was a shooting at my school. Yesterday I listened to a guy on the radio describe crawling out of a classroom at Northern Illinois on his belly to avoid being seen by that shooter. So I dreamed I was crawling around trying to escape the same thing. It was ridiculous. I woke up more sleepy than I was when I went to bed. Before that dream I had another one about a huge fight breaking out in my classroom. A chair was thrown, some noses were broken, and I had to drag a couple of girls kicking and screaming out of the room to keep WWIII from breaking out.

I also dreamed that I found some drugs in some of my kids' belongings at school. They had left their stuff in there to go to an assembly or something, and I was going through it for some reason. I found weed pipes and baggies of weed, and in one folded up piece of paper I found some cocaine, which I decided to snort. I've never done cocaine, but I've often had dreams of doing it. In one such dream, I was driving down the road with a gas station fountain drink cup full of the stuff, and I was sniffing massive amounts of it through the red plastic straw. In last night's dream, I just did a little. After that the dream switched from school to home, and I woke up shortly thereafter.

If last night's dreams hadn't been so obviously tied to things that have already happened, I'd be worried about what's in store for today. I'm tired as hell, it's Friday, and they're gonna be wild. I could use a fat line of coke.

Judging by the dreams, are you sure you didn't pick up the poorly rolled joint and smoke it before bedtime??

Naw. I've been having weirdo dreams the last week or so. Last night I had even more.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health