« Home | Morning of a Thousand Assholes » | I Dream of Weenie » | Coffee Blues » | DeadpanAnn Gets Knocked Up » | I've got a big fat juicy secret. » | Corn Flakes, Disappointment, and Divine Providence » | Deep Sigh. » | Hire Power » | The Have Nots » | Drugs are bad, umkay? » 

Sunday, March 02, 2008 

Son of a Bitch

I have a feeling there's gonna be a hostile parent-teacher conference for me this week. A particular parent, who has control issues, asked me at the beginning of the year to email her weekly about what her son is doing in class. I've done that-- in fact I've taken the time to give her the correct answers to his homework questions so that she could know they were getting them right at home. I've done several other things that I didn't have to do, just to make her happy. The more I did, the more she began to expect. She's sent me several pissy emails over the last couple of months. Now her son is failing because he hasn't been doing all the classwork. She emailed me last week to tell me it's my fault that he's failing because I didn't email her the previous week, and that my class was the only one her son is failing and that "It better get fixed in a hurry." She actually wrote those exact words. Then she went on for two paragraphs about how I wasn't doing my job and I'd better get her son's grade up, etc. I forwarded the emails to the principal and the counselor in anticipation of the phone call they're probably going to get after she gets my response to her email. I told her that her child wouldn't be failing if he didn't make single digit scores on tests, or if he would stop playing in class, or if he'd turn in classwork. So yeah, I think she'll be calling. Fortunately, I'm learning how to set up a good defense when this stuff happens.

So bring it, bitch.

Surely you didn't mean to imply that his failing your class was HIS fault??

Maybe he needs to write TWO essays on personal responsibility.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health