« Home | State Test » | Quickie in the A.M. » | Routine Changes » | Son of a Bitch » | Morning of a Thousand Assholes » | I Dream of Weenie » | Coffee Blues » | DeadpanAnn Gets Knocked Up » | I've got a big fat juicy secret. » | Corn Flakes, Disappointment, and Divine Providence » 

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 

Goodnight Nurse

Just last night I was saying I didn't feel pregnant. Well, well, well. Guess what? NOW I DO! Today during the test-- you know, the one that forced me to stand up and walk around for 3+ hours without sitting down or even leaning on a wall-- during the test I was stricken with some symptoms I could go the rest of my life without ever feeling again. First I felt like I needed to drop the kids off at the pool, if you catch my drift. Then all of a sudden I felt a tugging feeling down in my region, like where my bladder is. It got pretty intense a few times, and I almost threw up. After it started to pass I just had a general disgusting feeling in my center. I can't say it was my stomach or my nether parts-- it was everything from below my boobs down. Everything. I felt tender and sore and nauseated. Thinking that it probably wasn't normal to feel such tenderness and sharp pains down there, I called my doc as soon as the test was over. They said something about some ligaments in the uterus that pull and stretch, and said it was probably perfectly okay. The nurse said to take a Tylenol and then take a warm bath when I could. It did pass, and I felt better after taking the Tylenol. It was kind of scary. Now my boobs are back to being on fire, and I'm back to being exhausted, so I won't be complaining of not feeling pregnant for a few days at least. Still haven't barfed.

The painful slew of weirdness that hit my body during the test wasn't even the beginning of my crappy day. Let's just say I've got tomorrow's post already written. I'm just too tired for it now.

It's almost 7:00. Screw this. I'm going to bed.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health