« Home | Are you MAD?!? » | Stealing Thunder » | Free: 2 dogs, 2 cats. Barely used. » | Plans » | Gremlins in my Ceiling » | The Sub Who Couldn't, the Students Who Wouldn't, a... » | Someone needs to light a firecracker under my ass » | Political Ponderings » | Blue Genes » | Jaw. Clenched. » 

Sunday, November 18, 2007 

Wishin' for Wireless.

Ahhhhh, the sweet smell of Thanksgiving vacation! I LOVE it. I've been looking forward to this week since August 8. For sacrificing Fall Break, we get the full week off for Thanksgiving. Worth it. Tim was off work this weekend too, so we have been working around the house and watching football. He goes back to work tomorrow, but he's off Wednesday and Thursday. We're driving to my parents' house Tuesday night when he gets off at midnight, and we'll spend Wednesday with them. Thursday morning we'll head south again and stop at his sister's house on the way home. They live about an hour north of here, as I'm sure I've mentioned a dozen times.

Everything around here is still out of whack from when we tore the house apart to get new carpet. Yesterday we got the desktop set back up, but we put it in the laundry room. Our laundry room is huge, and we've always felt that it was wasted space. I bought a used computer desk, cleaned out the laundry room, and turned it into an "office." Problem is there's no cable connection in that room, so we can't hook up to the internet. I have been wanting to set up a wireless network anyway, and thought this might be the perfect time. If I buy a network card for the desktop, I can set up a router in any room with a cable outlet and both the desktop and the laptop will be online no matter where we take them inside the house. BUT Comcast has been screwing up lately. We'll be surfing along, and suddenly the modem will go into the reset cycle. I called, and the lady said that only something like 16% of the people on our amp currently had connections, so we should feel lucky. Lucky? I think not. Not when I'm paying what I'm paying and may or may not be able to get online when I want. Why can't companies just get their sht together and provide the services we pay good money for? What's worse is that when I called, nobody seemed to think it's a big problem that my service sucks. "It's just the network." No sht, Sherlock. Am I supposed to just say "Oh, okay" and then hang up and continue paying my bill?

Someone's coming to the house to look at it this Friday-- a move I don't really think makes sense when they've already said the problem lies with their network.

ANYWAY I want wireless intenret, but I don't think we should spend $100+ to set up a wireless network while our service is this unreliable. It would suck to spend the time and money on it, and then end up telling Comcast to shove it two months from now.

There's no such thing as 'customer service' anymore. Folks act like they're doing YOU a favor by letting you pay them for lousy service.

Sux.

Word.

I had to ditch my investment in DSL because SWB absolutely refused to draft my bank account for payments each month. Oh, I had the thing set up and everything, but each month they failed to take their payment. Every month I called them to alert them to the problem... but somehow they thought it was my problem.
The kicker was when they outright called me a liar and said I hadn't been calling them to report the problem.

I'm on cable now, and it doesn't suck that bad... but when it does, I tell myself "What did you expect, it's the CABLE company."

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health