« Home | Ahhh, the sweet smell of..wait..is that formaldehy... » | Scotch Irish Cop Dances With Harley on Concrete Fl... » | Mystery wristery » | Purged » | Costume Contest » | Karma for Playing Hooky » | Free time and the baggage that comes with it » | Four Meme???? » | The new carpet saga continues » | Where socks in the dryer go » 

Thursday, November 01, 2007 

Jaw. Clenched.

Today I got some things done. I went to the doctor, which I've been needing to do for a couple of weeks. While I was there I got my wrist x-rayed. They said the radiologist would read it and get back with me, but I haven't heard from her yet. I probably won't. At least that was the experience I had when they told me I had some mysterious growth in my side that turned out to be my semicolon.


After the medical adventure, I went to Lowe's and bought some new covers for the light switches and electrical outlets in the front bathroom. The old ones were gold, and they have annoyed me from the first time I saw them. Today I decided that if there was something annoying in my life that I could get rid of for under $20, I shouldn't continue to tolerate it.


That's right. I got philosophical on the toilet.


Once I was happy with the light switches in the bathroom, I moved a few pieces of furniture back to their proper places. The big couch is still in the entry way, but I was able to use the dolly to put the dressers and the nightstand back in the bedroom. I also put the bed back up. We've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor since Sunday. Since we don't have an actual bed-- just a mattress, box springs, and steel frame-- putting the bed back up wasn't a very big deal.


When TH woke up this morning and I was still home, he almost freaked out. I think he thought I had quit my job. Of course I'm not quitting. I just need to catch my breath. Two days of non-futile activities should do the trick, right? Right. Maybe I'll get some inspiration this weekend. I'm going to church Sunday. The preacher at our church always hits the nail on the head for me. He refers to poetry/poets/themes in literature and relates it to real life and morality. It rocks. Besides, I need to get forgiven for saying GD like a thousand times last night.

I still can't unclench my jaw. What the hell is that, anyway? It's like, I'm so mad at the world that I'm going to subconsciously injure myself and perpetuate the cycle of pain and anger.

This laptop kicks ass. It has inspired us to turn the 3rd bedroom into a 3rd bedroom. That's right. It's been an "office" up until now. We thought about putting the computer and everything into our oddly large laundry room, but who wants to be in a room with the dryer? But now that we have this kickass laptop, we can put the desktop in the oddly large laundry room, set up a wireless router, and have internet all over the place.

And then I can turn the 3rd bedroom into a nursery. You know. When the time comes.

I can't wait until Thanksgiving. I want to eat something my momma cooked.

So... what you're saying is that it cost you less than $20 to go to the toilet?

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health