« Home | Four Meme???? » | The new carpet saga continues » | Where socks in the dryer go » | Junior Highku » | Junior Haiku » | Why Does My Ass Itch?? » | Nine Dollar Daddy » | Sex and Fury » | How to waste time » | Mean Teacher gets peeped on » 

Monday, October 22, 2007 

Free time and the baggage that comes with it

While we're both at work, the dogs are in a crate in the laundry room. Today when I got home, they were out. They had busted out of the crate and found the freedom they'd always longed for-- the freedom to roam unsupervised in the house to chew up and shit on all of our most precious possessions. Among the items destroyed are two pair of sandals (one by shit, one by chew), a computer mouse, a candle that we received as a wedding present, and the carpet.

If we were not getting new carpet in a week, we'd still be getting new carpet sometime soon, if ya get my drift. How could two small animals produce that much shit in only a few hours? That is a question I probably don't want answered.

Five minutes after I got to my classroom today, a student walked in. This kid gets detention every freakin' day. I've met with his mother before, and she was kinda hostile and hard to please. Five minutes after he walked in, his mother walked in. She said she was going to sit with him all day. Then the counselor called my room, and the mother went to meet with the counselor. Then an office worker brought me a form saying that I had been scheduled for a conference with the mother during my planning period.

Hurray! Any teacher's single greatest joy in life is learning that her one semi-free hour of the day is now doomed to be spent defending herself against an ill informed parent. It's one of those little things that makes you wish there was a Xanax dispenser in the teacher's lounge it all worthwhile!

Fast forward to planning period/conference. I would love to go into great detail about the ins and outs of this meeting, but what it boils down to is that I was forced to endure an hour of defending myself against accusations that are designed (by the parent) to take the responsibility from the child and place it on yours truly. Fortunately, enough information was revealed in that hour that I wasn't completely up against a wall in the end.

Speaking of being against a wall, we have no furniture, so I'm sitting in the floor with my back against a wall and the laptop in my lap. It's not real comfortable, and I'm tired. This post was supposed to be more...uh...complete, but I gotta make that lost hour up somewhere.

Gotta problem with it? See the counselor for an appointment.

Make an appointment?? Nah, I'll just come let the dogs out after the new carpet is installed....

Oooooooooohh....And if I killed you for it, there's not a jury on this earth that would convict me!!!

I got picked for the jury once. We got free candy and soda for our supper. By 9:00 p.m., we made our decision. Those people were crazy. But they wouldn't have convicted you for murder.

I first got my own pets when I was 22, and then, due to the cuteness factor, tolerance for their annoying traits... hair everywhere, occasional pee and poop indoors, and hairballs... was very high.

Now I'm 36 and as the years have gone by, and especially since there is now a 2 year old toddler in the house, the cuteness factor of the animals can no longer override the annoyance factor. When these last 2 cats die of old age, no more pets for a very long while.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health