« Home | Junior Highku » | Junior Haiku » | Why Does My Ass Itch?? » | Nine Dollar Daddy » | Sex and Fury » | How to waste time » | Mean Teacher gets peeped on » | A day in the life » | Lesson plans are the debble. » | I hate it when that happens » 

Saturday, October 20, 2007 

Where socks in the dryer go

TH went back to seal the deal on the new carpet yesterday, but the kind we chose turned out to be discontinued. They also miraculously increased the price by about $600. I love how no matter what you're trying to buy, that's how it goes. At first, it's one price. You base your decision on that price, but the closer you get to signing the check, the higher the number gets.

Anyway, we went back together today, and we finally did seal the deal on a different type of carpet. No, it's not the nine dollar carpet. I wouldn't stand for it, and in the end, TH agreed.

They're coming to install it on Monday the 29th. TH is off that day. Tomorrow is the last day we'll both be off, so all the heavy stuff has to be moved off the carpet by then. We started on it tonight.

The first thing we did was clear off the coffee table and move it to the garage. When TH lifted it, a mountain of trash was exposed. There was an amazing variety of objects hiding under there, just waiting to be rediscovered. A dozen bottle caps testified to the number of cokes TH drinks on the couch, a couple of missing essays from my 6th period class proved that teachers DO lose things (thank goodness I'm impossibly behind on grading, because I hadn't yet confronted the kids on the missing essays), and a smoked pig's ear reminded us of what a pain in the ass it was to retrieve Sweet Tea's lost treasures from under the couch or the coffee table.

Anytime you move a piece of furniture, you expect to find some things beneath it, but this was ridiculous.

So I took a picture.

PDR_0622

Yeah, we have a weird coffee table. It's hollow and TH had magazines stored inside of it, which is why I didn't move it when I steam cleaned the carpet a month or so ago. I used to think it was too bachelor-esque, but now I think it's cool.

We also got the big couch moved to the garage. The love seat is staying in the living room for now, but will probably get moved tomorrow. We have no idea where all this stuff will go, but the big challenge is going to be moving the treadmill. It weighs a ton. I hope it goes to the laundry room and stays in exile forever with the free weights. I do not like having exercise equipment in the living room.

Also on the list of things to move: everything in the bedrooms and the "office." That means 2 queen size beds, three dressers, a book shelf filled with books, a computer desk with computer, two filing cabinets, and some other crap.

Anyone wanna come over tomorrow?

Labels:

No, thanks, but I have some muscle relaxers I can send you.....if you move all that stuff, you're gonna need them.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health