« Home | Mystery wristery » | Purged » | Costume Contest » | Karma for Playing Hooky » | Free time and the baggage that comes with it » | Four Meme???? » | The new carpet saga continues » | Where socks in the dryer go » | Junior Highku » | Junior Haiku » 

Sunday, October 28, 2007 

Scotch Irish Cop Dances With Harley on Concrete Floors

The dance was interesting. I spent the entire night standing outside the doorway talking to a male coworker and a Scotch-Irish cop. A real Scotch-Irish, not just a white cracker who says he's Scotch-Irish because his great great great somebody was. It was the most interesting conversation I've had in a long, long time. The guy has lived all over the world, and from what I could tell he loves two things: movies and talking. He had great stories about the different places he's lived, which include Israel and Greece and New Zealand. He also had great stories about people he's arrested or worked with in his job, which includes the serial killer from Hattiesburg, who he recently transported to Whitfield to be evaluated. That trial starts tomorrow. The guy killed some people in Hattiesburg and took them to Kansas in a freezer. The woman who helped him has already been tried, and got the death penalty.

The reason we were outside the whole time during the dance is because as the kids approached the building, they tended to congregate outside the door. We wanted them to either be inside the gym or leave the campus, so I guess we were on parking lot duty. None of the kids did anything wrong, but a parent was almost arrested when she came to get her child. She couldn't find the kid and was angry, and walked through a group of cops cursing and smelling like whiskey. One of the cops told her to use appropriate language and show some respect for the police, and she smarted off at him. I was positive that they were going to cuff her and stuff her, but one of the cops said something about there being no room at the county jail, and said to just let it go. Her daughter is in my class, and now that I've met the mother I understand why the kid is depressed and doesn't care about school. If that bitch was my mom, I'd have a hard time perking up for grammar too.

Tim bought me a motorcycle yesterday. It's a 99 Harley Sportster. I mentioned it in my last post. He said the engine has to be rebuilt. You can get a brand new engine for $2000-ish, so even if we had to replace the engine it'd still be a good deal. TH said used Sportsters don't go for less than $4000 around here, so we figure we'll be ahead of the game if we can get this one running for less than $3000. I'm excited because I want a real bike to ride, but I'm reserving my excitement for when the thing is actually running. I'll get excited when I can sit on it and crank it up.

One more day with no carpet or furniture, and then we'll spend the next week trying to get things back to normal. I have no clean work clothes, and couldn't even tell you where they are right now. This new carpet better look good.

Transported the bodies to Kansas in a freezer? That's progress for you. I remember the days when a 55-gallon drum was the Cadillac of corpse Tupperware.

Well, they DID chop them up into pieces first.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health