« Home | Free time and the baggage that comes with it » | Four Meme???? » | The new carpet saga continues » | Where socks in the dryer go » | Junior Highku » | Junior Haiku » | Why Does My Ass Itch?? » | Nine Dollar Daddy » | Sex and Fury » | How to waste time » 

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 

Karma for Playing Hooky

TH and I frequently sleep in separate rooms when we're both working. It's not that we don't want to sleep together; it's just easier that way. When we do sleep together on work nights, one of us usually gets up and goes to the other bed in the middle of the night out of sheer desperation to get some sleep before the alarm goes off. I guess it's not typical newlywed behavior, but it works for us. One of these days we're gonna get a bigger bed, and force ourselves to get used to each other.

Anyway, the bed from the guest room is now leaning against the wall in the entry way, so we had no choice but to share a bed last night. It was after 11:00 when I fell asleep. At about 1:30 I woke up briefly and felt nauseated. The house smelled like strawberry scented Lysol. TH thinks the stuff smells better than regular Lysol, and he'd gone on a spraying spree in the house because of what the dogs had done earlier. It smells like vomit to me. Frankly, I'd rather smell dog shit.

I fell back asleep, and woke up again less than an hour later. My forehead was wet and my stomach was hurting. the house still smelled like vomit. I fell asleep again. Maybe half an hour later, I was awake again and my stomach was doing violent things. This time, TH was in bed next to me. Little did he know, he was in for a long night. We both were.

My stomach ached all night long. Every time I laid down, I felt like I was either going to vomit or have explosive diarrhea, so I'd get up and go to the bathroom but nothing would happen. I drank half a bottle of anti-nausea liquid, which didn't help much. From about 2 a.m. to 5 a.m., I went back and forth between lying down and praying for relief to sitting on the toilet holding a garbage can and praying that I could just puke.

Around 5 a.m., it finally started to feel better. I fell back asleep and got about another hour. Getting up for work at 6:00 was a drag, and my stomach still felt fragile. I wanted to call in sick, but I called in sick last Tuesday and the Tuesday before. The first time, I actually woke up feeling bad. (In hindsight, I didn't feel that bad. TODAY I felt BAD!) But last week I just wanted to spend the day with TH. We went carpet shopping and what not. Regardless, I couldn't call in sick for a third consecutive Tuesday, so I stopped at Wal Mart for some Pepto on the way to work. I dared not drink any coffee, and breakfast was out of the question. I drank some cold water and a few gulps of the pink stuff, and forged ahead into a day of hyperactive, disrespectful, hard headed young'uns.

By about halfway through first period, I felt much better. The kids were super great today because they got to use computers, so that made it so much easier. I think my little knuckleheads are coming around. They even seem to like me a little. Hell, I like a few of them. Even with three hours of sleep and a gut full of Pepto.

I hope TH ran into some luck too. He didn't get much more sleep than I did-- plus he had to listen to me whine and grunt all night.

Labels: ,

You ever have kidney stones?

Thankfully, no.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health