« Home | Gremlins in my Ceiling » | The Sub Who Couldn't, the Students Who Wouldn't, a... » | Someone needs to light a firecracker under my ass » | Political Ponderings » | Blue Genes » | Jaw. Clenched. » | Ahhh, the sweet smell of..wait..is that formaldehy... » | Scotch Irish Cop Dances With Harley on Concrete Fl... » | Mystery wristery » | Purged » 

Sunday, November 11, 2007 

Plans

I just finished entering tons of grades into the computer. Progress reports were due out Thursday, but mine are going out tomorrow. I haven't even started my lesson plans for the week, and they're due at 8 a.m. The good part-- the part that really puts the pressure on-- is the fact that I didn't turn them in at all last week or the week before. Nothing has been said, but I imagine they'll write me up eventually, and I don't need that, so...

I gave my kids two free 100s, totally inflated their test grades, and rounded up another daily grade-- and half of them are still failing. I think Hillbilly Mom was right-- the 8th graders are getting better, and the 7th graders are getting worse. All I'm getting is gray hair and high blood pressure. And carpal tunnel.

Welcome to the gray hair and high blood pressure club! Imagine some Who-ville horns tooting, and a circle of gray-haired teachers with bloodshot eyes holding hands, welcoming you to your teaching destiny.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health