« Home | Free: 2 dogs, 2 cats. Barely used. » | Plans » | Gremlins in my Ceiling » | The Sub Who Couldn't, the Students Who Wouldn't, a... » | Someone needs to light a firecracker under my ass » | Political Ponderings » | Blue Genes » | Jaw. Clenched. » | Ahhh, the sweet smell of..wait..is that formaldehy... » | Scotch Irish Cop Dances With Harley on Concrete Fl... » 

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 

Stealing Thunder

Today was the most bizarre day of work I've had all year. If blogs were private things that could only be seen by the people I chose to let see it, I'd tell all. Oh, I'd tell all, and it would be a joy for me to write and for you to read. It's killing me to hold back on what could be such a splendidly entertaining post.


Now I know how HM feels about the work gossip she's always promising Mable.

I'll say this: Today I-- no, the entire faculty and student body-- witnessed what I believe was an honest to God nervous breakdown.

Said breakdown took place right next to my room over the course of the day, and I was being evaluated or observed by someone different every period. With each new period the breakdown became more intense and impossible to ignore, and with each new period a new clipboard carrying evaluator strolled in to take notes on my performance. Evaluations and observations are always high pressure anyway. Add an insane person demanding your attention while you're trying to look professional, and it really tests you.

One clipboard carrier came up to me after a class and said that it was "excellent" and "a real pleasure to watch." Then she realized that one of my students had stolen her purse, and scurried off down the hallway to maybe retrieve it.

I love my job.

Priceless! I laughed out loud. I don't know which one to call the idiot: the student who stole the purse or the evaluator who brought one to HHS. Holley

What we need is a double-secret teachers' blog where we can go to vent. We need to round up 5-10 teachers with blogs, and get ourselves aliases, and randomly post on that venting blog. Of course, we would not dare link it through our own blogs.

There. That's done. Tomorrow I will tackle global warming and world peace.

Hmmmm.......

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health