« Home | update » | Insomnia. I hate it. » | Bummer » | Who's the coolest wife EVER?? » | Quickie » | Stop and smell the...armadillo corpse? » | Not so subtle clue » | I am now officially pissed the ***k off! » | Meanie Vents » | It Ain't My Fault » 

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 

In the News

There's not much new happening in the world of Meanie. I have been going through a period of... well, I don't know what the word is. I've heard it described before as "taking a personal inventory." I think the 12 step drunks call it that. Anyway, that's what I'm doing lately. Don't ask why. I guess there are just some things about myself-- personal habits-- that I want to change. It's not like it'll miraculously happen on its own, or like anyone's gonna do it for me. I need more self discipline and restraint. Know where I can get any of that? Self discipline, that is, not restraints. I'm pretty sure the kink shop on East Hardy has restraints for sale.

Well, since I'm sure you don't want to hear about my internal struggles at self improvement, I've rounded up a few stories from the news. Some have been floating around for a few days, but I think they're still worth another look.

This is by far the most disturbing story I have ever, ever seen. Not for the squeamish--

Two Year Old Gets Sodomized by Family Pit Bull. (video)
Yeah. Apparently, the parents were in another room, and the pit bull jumped on the kid and..uh...sodomized him. Successfully. Kid starts screaming, mother runs in and starts swinging at the dog. Dog freaks out and runs out of the house--- with boy still attached. He's undergone surgery to repair "extensive damage."

Here's one that falls under my favorite category-- the kids are all right, but the parents could use a good ass whoopin'.

Parents Neglect Starved Babies to Feed Video Game Addiction
Viloria said the Reno couple were too distracted by online video games, mainly the fantasy role-playing "Dungeons & Dragons" series, to give their children proper care.
"They had food; they just chose not to give it to their kids because they were too busy playing video games," Viloria told the Reno Gazette-Journal
.

There's food in the house, and you can't pull yourself away from the computer for 20 minutes to give it to the kids? Good grief-- at least throw 'em a cracker or something! These people need to be locked up for a while in a place where there are no computers, video games, children, or food.

Judge Finds No Probable Cause to Charge Cop Who Pulled Gun on Student
In a ruling issued today, Circuit Judge Ashley Hines found no probable cause to charge Greenwood Police Officer Casey Wiggins with simple assault relating to an incident last year where he pulled his gun twice on an unarmed teenager at Greenwood High School.

Despite the judge's ruling that the cop can't be criminally charged, the student is still suing everyone in sight, of course.

I may have blogged about this when it first happened. FYI, Greenwood is just a few miles down the road from where I taught last year. It's just as notorious for being out of control as the school where I worked. I can only imagine how out of control the students were when this incident took place, and have no problems whatsoever believing that the student assaulted the police officer. My only gripe is that the cop never should've been dragged through the mud for DOING HIS FREAKIN JOB. The student assaulted a police officer. The police officer pulled a gun. What was he supposed to do? Curl up in the fetal position and take an ass whoopin'?

But hey, this is the delta we're talking about, and you've got a white cop dealing with a black student. There was NO way for this police officer to do his job in this case without being called a racist. No way. What happened to him after this incident was absolutely inevitable. Welcome to Mississippi.

Prison Tries to Unravel Invasion of Mystery Troops
Military officials said 25 heavily armed parachutists who landed in a cornfield on the grounds of a Colorado prison last week were on a training mission but landed about 3 miles off target...Guards who stopped the men and asked for identification were presented with documents that identified them only as Defense Department employees...."We don't know who they were and I'm not sure we'll ever know who they were," she said. "Everyone acted appropriately."

Mystery government men dropping out of the sky? And I just thought I was paranoid before. Someone pass the aluminum foil, please.

Labels: , , ,

Dang it....now you know what I was doing in Colorado last week. Do you know how hard it is to pack that parachute back into it's little bag.

Ummm....I'm just trying to figure out why they need to take DNA samples from the dog. Seeing the boy being dragged around on a crazy dog's weiner wasn't enough evidence???

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health