« Home | Bummer » | Who's the coolest wife EVER?? » | Quickie » | Stop and smell the...armadillo corpse? » | Not so subtle clue » | I am now officially pissed the ***k off! » | Meanie Vents » | It Ain't My Fault » | The past, the present, and the stuff in between » | I'm on Meth » 

Monday, July 16, 2007 

Insomnia. I hate it.

My old foe Insomnia has revisited me again lately. Yesterday my ear started hurting again, and I had another of those headaches to comes along with the earache. It made me kinda grumpy and tired, and at 10:30 I could've gone to sleep. TH wanted to go walking, and I know I need to get back in the habit again so I forced myself to get up and go. We got finished around 12:30, and after showering we got to bed around 2:00.

I laid there until 4ish a.m. listening to TH snore, and words can not express to you how much that sucked. Perhaps the only thing worse than not being able to fall asleep is being reminded every .5 seconds that the person next to you has managed it just fine.

I was tossing and turning, and also having to go pee every 30 minutes because I ate watermelon yesterday, and every time I moved TH would wake up long enough to sigh a deep sigh of frustration in my general direction. At 4:30 a.m., I grabbed my pillows and headed to the other bedroom. Last time I looked at the clock, it was after 5:00 a.m.

Exercising at night is probably at least part of the problem, but it's too hot to do it during the day. It's also usually raining during the day. We are supposed to be able to join the YMCA for free. It's a perk of TH's job. I think I'm going to look into that today or tomorrow. I need a nice air conditioned place to exercise. The treadmill in our living room? That doesn't count. It's ugly, so I've got it folded up against the wall. Besides, the belt slips, and I'm pretty sure it's lying to me about how far I've walked.

Damn lying exercise machines! They're in cahoots with the bathroom scale.

Sleeping next to a snorer is enough to cause ear pain......

Just kidding. Hope it gets cleared up before you have to start teaching.

And your plumbing, too.........

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health