« Home | What makes you drool and is better than sex? » | Stupid for So Many Reasons » | Handsome. » | Random Thought Whenever » | Things I've Learned » | Thanksgiving » | Four-Play (the meme) » | It's not that I can't sleep... » | My son, the prankster » | Diary of a Sleepy Momma » 

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 

File under "General Bitchery"

There's really bad weather in Mississippi tonight. According to Jim Cantore, who just confirmed his douchebaggery by referring to the town of Magee ("mu-GEE") as "Maggie," these storms totally jacked up Yazoo Shitty. Proof that God hates the Delta.

Anyway, we have been hearing about this weather for two days now. Tonight around 7:00, the watches and warnings started popping up on our t.v., ending my quest to get into the bed at some time in the next hour or two. Since then, I've been watching reports of people being trapped in their screwed up houses in towns west of here, anxiously waiting for the shit to hit the fan in my own front yard. At 8:00, it was going to be an hour. An hour later, it was going to be an hour after that. Now it's 11:30, and they're saying it's not going to be here until 3:00 a.m.

Guess that great night of sleep I got last night is even-Stevening itself out, isn't it?

I hear the people 2 miles away and on to 15 miles away (the town in which I have to give 3 finals starting at 8 am) have no electricity. Someone is sending around a forwarded text message saying we are closed tomorrow... Hope you don't get a blizzard or ice storm!

I hope you got through the weather ok. I was surprised by all the tornado warnings we get in Florida. Having lived here only a year and a half I was not prepared for that! At least you get some type of warning - not so with the many earthquakes I went through in California!

My grandson was on formula from the time he was born, and he is very rarely sick, so I think Charlie will be fine.

Sleep is a terrible thing to lose.

Marsha, I don't know where you are, but we didn't get any real bad weather here in Petal-- or if we did, it didn't leave much evidence. It did storm but we slept through it. Tim said there were signs and trees knocked over in Hattiesburg.

Julie, If I was in an earthquake, I think I would need counseling afterwards. That has got to be scary.

DY, He seems to have more digestive type problems when I give formula to him. He poops better with breastmilk, and doesn't require as much Mylicon. But I guess he will just take time to adjust to it. I only give it to him at night right now.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health