« Home | Breeders » | The cafeteria lady is trying to poison me. » | Countdowns » | Random Thought Whenever: Dogs, carcasses, and cat... » | Update » | Think blue, think blue, think blue, think blue... » | Gone Baby Gone » | The Last Straw » | Random Thought Whenever » | I still have a job. » 

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 

Nothing Like the Real Thing

Why is it that my favorite dry erase marker can survive weeks and weeks of use in my classroom, but if I'm gone for one day it suddenly dries up? I could ask the same question about all the good magazines and the magnetic checkerboard that I provide, except that those don't dry up. The magazines shed their covers and migrate to the floor, where they are trampled upon until I return and throw them away out of sheer frustration. The magnetic checkerboard? Lidless. I didn't even bother to check if the checkers were all still with us.

The same substitute that oversaw the apparent chaos had the nerve to leave me a long, long note to tell me how she so enjoyed my classes and everyone did what they were supposed to do.

Note to subs: The teacher who spends 8 hours a day in that classroom is going to be have a rough idea of what took place while she was gone. It only takes about four seconds. By the time I take my key out of the lock and shut the door behind me upon returning, I know. Your note insults my teacher sense.

Now, a moment of silence for my purple dry erase marker.

Didn't you used to also have trouble with your red pens?

Maybe you're like those people whose watches never keep time when they try to wear them - you're like the Bermuda Triangle for writing materials........

It was my beloved green pen. Funny you should bring it up, because I noticed just today that my latest Green Pen was missing. I shall replace him when I replace Purple Marker. God rest their souls.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, it WAS green. Red was too typical for you.

Well, it's not easy being green - or purple, I would imagine.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health