« Home | Think blue, think blue, think blue, think blue... » | Gone Baby Gone » | The Last Straw » | Random Thought Whenever » | I still have a job. » | Meetings Schmeetings » | MO man shoots wife while trying to install satelli... » | This one's for my HATERS! » | Please Pass the Stupid » | The Craziest Yet » 

Monday, April 07, 2008 

Update

This morning's visit was uneventful, as promised. They tried to hear the heartbeat, but couldn't. He told me repeatedly that it wasn't a sign of any problem and that it's unusual to be able to hear it with a doppler this early. He said if he can't find it 2 weeks from now, he'll be concerned. Instead of waiting 4 weeks for my next appointment, he's letting me come back in 2 weeks to try again. He probably knew I'd spend the next 4 weeks worrying.

They also went over the payment plan with me. Thank goodness for insurance. This is going to cost us somewhere between $1500 and $2000 out of pocket. Without insurance it would be $10,000-15,000.

I've gained 4 pounds. Oh, and I don't have HIV or chlamydia. So that's good to know.

I'm sitting on the couch today watching cheesetastic 80's movies. I just watched Charles Bronson shoot a guy with a rocket launcher from like 20 feet away because he shot his gal. And now the sequel's coming on.

Might as well watch all that crap now, while you can. Once little Tim gets here, you won't be able to stay awake long enough to watch anything.

Then, when he gets a little older, the only things you'll recognize will be Sesame Street videos. You'll be able to sing all the songs word for word. You'll be able to pick out the smell of your baby's poop in a crowd.

The world as you know it will cease to exist.

And you'll love it.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health