« Home | Meetings Schmeetings » | MO man shoots wife while trying to install satelli... » | This one's for my HATERS! » | Please Pass the Stupid » | The Craziest Yet » | Wanna look at my picture album? » | I think I prefer the stork method. » | 10,000 B.C. » | Stinker. » | Writing on the Wall » 

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 

I still have a job.

The news broke today that two girls in my first period class are pregnant. They're 14 and 15, respectively. What do you say? "Congratulations"?? How about "WHAT THE F*CK WERE YOU THINKING!?" Yeah, the second one seems more appropriate.

I also got my yearly evaluation this morning. They decided that my biggest weakness is that I don't exude warmth toward the little angels. I'm cold, apparently. I couldn't help but laugh a little when he told me that. Of all the things he could've chosen to give me a low mark on, I'll take lack of warmth. Sure. I'll own that one.

Warmth schwarmth. HA!

I'd like to close today's post with some pregnancy haiku.

My new bra's squeezing
the life out of my big tits
and boy, do they hurt.

Maybe you could squeal and say, "Neato cool! I'm pregnant, too!" Or, maybe not.

One of their peers, who happens to be a pretty level headed kid, said something about how teenagers shouldn't get pregnant. One of them remarked, "Mrs. DeadpanAnn is!" Can you believe that? They actually think it's the same thing. I said, "Sweetie, I'm 29 years old, I've got my education, and most importantly-- I'M MARRIED!" The same girl asked her where her boyfriend was, and where he was going to be. She said, "Where's Mrs. DPA's husband right now? Mrs. DPA where yo husband at right now?" I said, "At WORK. Making MONEY. And plenty of it!"

They really don't see their dilemma. It's all just gonna be okay for them.

The sad part is that in the poor black community, having kids at age 14 or 15 isn't even a shocker. Not for all, but certainly for a huge number of them it's almost expected. Nobody in those girls' lives is going to be overly upset with them, or disappointed. Medicaid will take care of it all and life will go on. They'll get tons of attention while they're pregnant and be more respected by people in their community once their babies get here. And those are not things I'm making assumptions on. They are things I've observed again and again and again.

And the boys/men will show up only at the first of the month, when the girls/women get their checks. They'll hang around just until the money's gone, then they will be, too. By then, there will probably be ANOTHER baby on the way.

And the cycle continues.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health