« Home | 10,000 B.C. » | Stinker. » | Writing on the Wall » | Hate the State » | If you're hot, you're hormonal. » | Owwwwwwwww. » | We always suspected she was a bit off, and now this. » | Twilight Zone » | Oh Hail, Ann Ate the Universe » | Bedtime Story » 

Monday, March 24, 2008 

I think I prefer the stork method.

Today was supposed to be super productive. I've got to do lesson plans and get ready to return to work tomorrow, but I've also got a filthy kitchen (when do I not?) and lots of clean clothes in piles on chairs and other various surfaces, including the floor.

I got a hankering for a baked salmon roll from the Japanese restaurant, and after doing some research to make sure it was safe, I had one for lunch. It's crabmeat wrapped in dried seaweed, then wrapped in baked salmon, then covered in eel sauce, (which has very little to do with eels-- it's more like a thick, sweet soy sauce.) Anyway, crab and salmon are both okay as long as you don't eat it constantly, and the roll is cooked, so it's considered safe. So I ate it. It wasn't as wonderful as I remember it being before, but it was still yummy.

And now I feel like puking. Not yummy. Some things that are normally delicious and satisfying aren't quite as delicious or satisfying lately. That includes coffee. I can't even drink a cup of it now. ME--- unable to choke down a cup of coffee. Who'da thunkit?

As soon as I finished eating I sat down to watch tv for a minute, and now I'm wiped out. It feels like it's after midnight to me, but I slept 8 hours last night and have done next to nothing so far today. So I can either go take a nap and hopefully get up in an hour or two refreshed and able to get something done, or I can sit here not doing anything and feeling guilty for not doing anything. I usually opt for the latter, but only because it's really hard to fall asleep in the middle of the day even though I'm very tired. Once I lie down, I feel guilty for lying down. So I can sit here and feel guilty, or get in the bed and feel guilty. Either way, the chances of me getting anything done today? Not good.

Some people say they loved being pregnant. I know I'm only 8 weeks into this so far, but I don't foresee myself being one of those people. I'm sure it will be cool when I can feel the baby move and all that, but everything about it so far sucks. Wait-- there is one good thing. Increased sex drive. And I don't mean a slight increase. Let's just say I'm not the only one in this house who's suddenly experiencing some fatigue.

I was EXHAUSTED the entire first trimester...was asleep by no later than 7:30 every night...I even feel asleep in the movie theater one time and it was an early show. Come to think of it, there were a lot of movies that I only saw the first 30 minutes of. It gets better once you get to the second trimester. And there is NOTHING like feeling the baby kick.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health