« Home | Bedtime Story » | Ultrasound » | Basketcase » | Shop your blues away. » | Random Thought Whenever » | Politickin » | Yes, Virginia, there ARE stupid questions. » | The Hot Dog Man Cometh » | Goodnight Nurse » | State Test » 

Saturday, March 15, 2008 

Oh Hail, Ann Ate the Universe

This morning around 4:00 I woke up to the sound of a million golf balls hitting the window next to my head. Normally I am the one who wakes up the morning after a storm asking what happened and why everything in the yard is turned over or blown away. I don't wake up for noises. But last night I was in the middle of a dream when I was startled by what seemed to be the sound of the house falling apart. I jumped out of bed, thinking a tornado might be about to blow us to Oz. I went to the living room to check the weather, and my mother woke up at the same time. It was hailing like a mofo, and all I could think about was the fact that Tim's car was probably getting dented.

I came in his car because I want to take home this cedar trunk my great uncle made for me years ago. He made each of the girls one on our 16th birthdays. He lived in Missouri, and it was a couple of years before anyone managed to get up there with a vehicle big enough to transport it back to me. Since then it's been setting here at my parents' house, and my mom has been storing quilts in it. I've always wanted it, but since I spent many years bouncing back and forth between dorm rooms and other temporary living situations, I just left it here. Now I want to put it in the baby room.

Anyway, it turns out that Tim's precious car didn't even take a scratch. I don't know how, but I'm grateful. I'm pretty sure Tim would burst into flame if I went home with a dented car.

In other news, I've gained five pounds already and I feel like a big fat cow. My already-plus-size jeans are tight and my self esteem is pretty low at this point.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm almost glad to be going back to work Monday. Maybe if I'm busy with work I won't gain as much weight. This past week has been a free for all. If it wasn't bolted down, I probably tried to eat it. It's really weird though. I'm always hungry. I ate breakfast today at 9:00-- a bowl of cereal and some coffee. And now it's 11:14 and my stomach is growling. It's not a mental hunger-- it's a physical hunger, as evidenced by the fact that the neighbors can hear my stomach rumbling. I wonder if any of it has to do with the fact that I'm not taking my metformin, so my blood sugar might be rising and falling too dramatically every time I eat, causing me to feel hungry again. Methinks I need to stick to bland, no-sugar foods to prevent just that.

Mom and I will be going to Brenda's house in a few minutes. We're all going to see Horton Hears a Who with the kids. I MUST eat popcorn every time I go to the movies, but that's going to be my last carb indulgence for a while.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health