« Home | Owwwwwwwww. » | We always suspected she was a bit off, and now this. » | Twilight Zone » | Oh Hail, Ann Ate the Universe » | Bedtime Story » | Ultrasound » | Basketcase » | Shop your blues away. » | Random Thought Whenever » | Politickin » 

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 

If you're hot, you're hormonal.

Not much to say today. I apparently don't have the flu, because I woke up feeling better this morning and my luck held out through the day. It was still a long day though because I only had a few hours of sleep last night. I tossed and turned for hours, and my skin felt like it was on fire. Nobody told me hot flashes was on the list of pregnancy symptoms, but it seems to me that the sensation of being on fire would qualify as a hot flash and not merely being a tad warm. No matter how hot I get, I can't stand to sleep with no cover. I have to have a light blanket at least, so I had to crank the a/c up and turn the ceiling fan on high. I think I finally dozed off around 2:00 a.m., so I got about 3 and 1/2 hours of sleep.

My students were so sweet today. They were genuinely happy to see me. They missed me. You know, because I'm such a great teacher and a positive adult influence. Or because they secretly long for someone to hold them to boundaries. Or because they thought I had candy. Who knows.

Southern Black people-- at least ones in a certain socioeconomic category-- are different from any other race on the planet in many ways. One is that their respect for you increases exponentially when you have children. Just being pregnant has earned me some major points. They look at me differently. It's as if they didn't consider me a REAL adult until just recently. It's like a rite of passage. I know it sounds like my imagination, but I'm telling you it's the way it is. Maybe that's not unique from any other race on the planet. But still.

I know that when my other friends got pregnant before me I felt an instant gap between us, as if a crack had spread out in the earth between where we stood. And it kinda did. So maybe they secretly feel closer to me now.

I'm going to bed before this post gets any more retarded.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health