« Home | Wanna look at my picture album? » | I think I prefer the stork method. » | 10,000 B.C. » | Stinker. » | Writing on the Wall » | Hate the State » | If you're hot, you're hormonal. » | Owwwwwwwww. » | We always suspected she was a bit off, and now this. » | Twilight Zone » 

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 

The Craziest Yet

This morning I actually had my assistant in the classroom for 1st and 2nd periods, which has only happened one other time since Christmas. They pull her and make her substitute for someone every single day. Anyway, I was glad to have her, because my lesson plan today included some activities that I knew she could help with.

So we're bopping along, things are going well, and only one kid is absent so I'm thinking how fortunate it is that everyone's getting this crucial lesson. The one absentee child happened to be the son of the woman who broke out the recording equipment when I called to tell her he was disrupting my class. You remember. She put me on hold while she rumbled through her house the hotel room they live in looking for her recording equipment, then got back on the phone, announced that I was being recorded, and asked me to proceed with what I was going to say. She's crazy. Certifiable. We hate to see her psycho ass coming.

Anyway, we're doing our teacher thing and then Mrs. D leans over and whispers, "Absentee and his mom are coming down the sidewalk." A few minutes later, crazy mom walks in with her older teenaged daughter and absentee son in tow. She's carrying two bulky bags and a very big silver briefcase. She presents a visitor's pass and says she's there to observe the class. F*cking fantastic.

She and her daughter sit down, and I continue teaching what I was teaching while Mrs. D goes to help Absentee get up to speed on what we're doing.

Crazy momma starts digging through her bags and her briefcase. She breaks out a bunch of audio recording equipment, and starts setting it up! What. Tha. FOCK!? I was trying to keep focused on what I was doing and not pay any attention to her, because I knew if my students noticed what she was doing I'd lose them, and if I lost them she'd have a nice show for her audio project.

Anyway, crazy momma struggled with her equipment for a while, but apparently couldn't get it to work, so she broke out a laptop and started typing feverishly. Daughter kicked back in her chair and sent text messages nonstop. Both crazy momma and daughter came and went as they pleased. They each got up and walked out and came back in several times in the two periods. (It's a double class.)

When the bell rings for the end of 1st period, I let my kids go to the bathroom and stretch their legs even though they're coming right back to me for 2nd period. During those three minutes, I have duty. I have to stand outside and say "Go to class please" or "Don't push him" or "Tuck your shirt in" over and over again. Crazy momma followed me out there and stood so close to me that our arms were touching. I moved over and she moved over closer again. It was weird.

When the kids came back in for 2nd period, they realized crazy momma was doing crazy things, and they got a little distracted. The transition from 1st to 2nd periods is always touchy, but it was rough today BECAUSE OF HER DUMB ASS. While I was getting something from behind my desk, a female child apparently smacked a male student in the back of the head. Male student probably hit her first, and even if he didn't he deserves to be smacked in the head at least once a day just because he's a punk. Anyway, I only saw female student, because she was out of her seat. I told her to step outside. She didn't. I raised my voice and told her again. She went out into the hallway. I grabbed a detention slip with which to threaten female student.

Crazy momma piped in-- "They both need one! You need to get them both!"

Um, no bitch. NO. You can come into my room and disrupt it if the administration is stupid enough to allow it, but I'll be damned if you're going to decide how I handle my shit.

At least that's what I said to her inside my head. I just looked at her like she was crazy and went about my business as normal. Stupid woman.

Can you even imagine the fucking gall of someone who would walk into a classroom and set up a bunch of damn recording equipment, or take out a laptop, or sit there and send text messages, or get up and go in and out the door during the class-- much less someone who comes in and does all of the above? UGH!

Fortunately, the principal happened to come through while she was in there. He stayed for the remainder of the class, and I don't think he was happy with the situation. Maybe it'll never happen again.

I can only hope.

Can you imagine being her son? Having your mom follow you around junior high all day on a conspiracy theory hunch?

P.S.
About yesterday's picture of the Mexicans downtown, I can't believe nobody noticed THE FREAKING CHICKENS! Am I the only one who finds it funny that they're raising chickens in downtown Hattiesburg?

Labels: , ,

DPA - maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem at all odd that "there be chickens raised" in Hattiesburg. I'm still trying to get the geography of that piece of land, but having lived in MS all my (as have you) that just doesn't strike me as too out of place. Plus, I live in the megalopolis of Jackson, and stuff like that is all over.

Chickens being raised on Wall Street, yes. H'burg, not so much...

And besides, you have crazy mom and slacker-texting-daughter in your classroom. Chickens in Hattiesburg should be a refreshing whiff of normalcy!

Bates, True about the crazy mom and texting daughter being crazier.

I guess it just hit me funny when I saw it. The picture REALLY does not do it justice. I shouldn't have zoomed in and cut the traffic and other stuff out of the picture-- I think it would be clear if I'd at least gotten the tiny ghetto apartment complex in the background. I was afraid you wouldn't be able to see the chickens if I didn't zoom in. The thing that I keep wondering is, Where do they keep the chickens? Do they just wander around on the tiny little slice of land that you see in the pic (by the tracks,) or do they take them in?

If crazy momma tries that the recording crap again, you should have someone explain to her that while she can record you with your permission, she may not record the other students in the class without their parents' permission. That should keep her busy for awhile. Holley

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health