« Home | I think I prefer the stork method. » | 10,000 B.C. » | Stinker. » | Writing on the Wall » | Hate the State » | If you're hot, you're hormonal. » | Owwwwwwwww. » | We always suspected she was a bit off, and now this. » | Twilight Zone » | Oh Hail, Ann Ate the Universe » 

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 

Wanna look at my picture album?

Yesterday after my non-nap, I finally started getting some things done. I was putting away the mountains of clean clothing, and Pookie was doing everything he could to get in the way. At one point he disappeared but I could hear him meowing from somewhere nearby. I looked for him for five minutes or so, walking up and down the hallway calling him, opening bedroom doors to make sure he hadn't been locked away somewhere.

He turned up. Little prankster.

pookiecloset

Now that the clean sheets are covered in black cat hair, we're ready for guests!

There's one more animal related picture I have to share. I took this on my way home from work last week. There's a rather large chicken industry (if that's what you call it) in this area, including lots of chicken houses out in the country and some processing plants in bigger towns, including a Marshall Durbin plant in Hattiesburg, a Sanderson Farms in Laurel and another in Collins. All three are nearby, and I know there are others. Anyway, chicken plants attract Mexicans, so we have our fair share of immigrants. Every day on my way to work I drive by the Mexican apartments downtown. Last week I was on my way home when I noticed some hijos playing by the railroad tracks. Those of you who are from Hattiesburg know that even though there's not much in the picture, this is in the middle of downtown. The RR crossing is the one next to the ghetto Big Star, about 100 yards from the police station, right next to the blue apartment building.

Actually, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'm just gonna shut up and let you take it in. Just keep in mind that I almost got killed in 5:00 traffic trying to get this pic, and tell me what seems....out of place.

pollo

(Singing)
Which of these things just doesn't beeee long here?

I'll take a stab at it. The large SUV?

THE CHICKENS!

Well, since those kids looked Hispanic, the chickens seemed perfectly appropriate to me. Of course, I have a gaggle of Mexicans living one street over, and I get to listen to their rooster(s) crowing day and night, PLUS attempt to chase them out of my garden spot on a regular basis, so I assumed you were referring to the large SUV also. Chickens and roosters in the middle of downtown? Ho-hum, just another day in the neighborhood.

Well, being just a typical white person, I don't have much experience with minorities. I did not know that all Mexicans apparently possess large SUVs. As for the chickens, I did not know they were with the Mexicans. I thought, perhaps, they were feral chickens, and the Mexicans had set a trap of a plastic Devil's Playground bag in the bushes to catch them there peckers.

Heavens to Betsey! You don't think it's a conspiracy, do you? Like the Mexicans are shoplifting a few chickens each day from the processing plants, and saving them to start their own chicken ranch? Not THAT kind of chicken ranch, but a regular livestock operation.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health