« Home | Gone Baby Gone » | The Last Straw » | Random Thought Whenever » | I still have a job. » | Meetings Schmeetings » | MO man shoots wife while trying to install satelli... » | This one's for my HATERS! » | Please Pass the Stupid » | The Craziest Yet » | Wanna look at my picture album? » 

Sunday, April 06, 2008 

Think blue, think blue, think blue, think blue...

My next appointment is in the morning, super early. I'll miss most of 1st period. I'm sure the kids are as heartbroken about it as I am. Of course half the class is suspended for quite a while after last week's brawl...it still makes me sick to think about it. Especially after I went back the next day and found out what started the whole thing. To sum it up: NOTHING. I can respect a good fight if it's worth it. But knocking each other's teeth out over nothing is just stupidity at its finest.

Anyway, a friend tells me that most of the doctor visits between now and month 7 are uneventful. I'm at 10 weeks, so they may or may not be able to find the heartbeat on a doppler radar thing, and there's almost no chance of another ultrasound, which is (in my opinion) the ONLY fun thing about going to the OB. I'm going to ask him when is the soonest they can possibly determine the sex, and then insist on another ultrasound when that time comes. I don't care if we have to pay cash for it. Twenty weeks my ass-- I want to know if it's a boy or a girl NOW. If there wasn't a risk of miscarriage, I'd have one of those tests done where they stick the needle through your cervix--- something villus sampling. Whatever. Its purpose is to find genetic abnormalities, but it also tells the sex. Nobody's presented it to me as an option yet, but if I'm not mistaken I've read that it comes with a risk of miscarriage, so no thanks.

I'm too impatient for this.

Check out the poll in the sidebar. Take a guess-- boy or girl?

Labels: ,

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health