« Home | Random Thought Whenever: Dogs, carcasses, and cat... » | Update » | Think blue, think blue, think blue, think blue... » | Gone Baby Gone » | The Last Straw » | Random Thought Whenever » | I still have a job. » | Meetings Schmeetings » | MO man shoots wife while trying to install satelli... » | This one's for my HATERS! » 

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 

Countdowns

I see two more people have voted in the boy or girl poll. Only one vote cast for girl so far. Good to know. Good to know. Since my mom now owns more blue outfits than...than...the Union Army...we're either gonna have one very well dressed little boy or a hell of an Ebay auction followed by a scramble for pink clothing.

The (possibly inaccurate) Civil War reference is a result of my vacation planning. Remember last year when Tim and I were looking for places to go? We were thinking a cabin somewhere near a lake. I was thinking peaceful, serene surroundings with a place to fish. Tim, on the other hand, was thinking I don't know what to do, I don't know where to go, I can't make a decision! Soooooo we ended up foregoing the peaceful, serene cabin by a lake and settling-- SETTLING I SAY for 4 days in a condo with my family. Six adults. Two kids. Two bedrooms. Not an ideal vacation-- I don't give a damn how close you are to the beach, umkay?

This year, it will be different. This will be the one and only chance we will have to do this right. It may be years-- maybe many years-- before we ever have another chance to take a vacation together. Alone. Oh, we're goin' somewhere. Come hell or high water, we're goin' somefreakinwhere. I told Tim that if he doesn't make a decision this time, I'm booking something, anything, and we're going, period. He says he wants to go during June, but still hasn't spoken up about where we're going. Hello? June is a mere 6 weeks from now. Or is it 7? Either way. Tick tock.

I'm thinking we'll start out in Williamsburg, VA, and make our way around to a few different destinations within the state. Lots of historical stuff.

Thirty three school days left. Thirty two if you don't count the one professional development day. Apparently they need to develop us professionally just before half the faculty leaves never to return, cause that's what's about to happen.

I suggest Chattanooga. We had loads of fun at the usual tourist spots. But we also enjoyed some off the map places that my sister knew about. There are also several historical sites.

What? No plethora of see-through fishies swimming willy-nilly through your pants? You call that a vacation?

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health