« Home | Update » | Think blue, think blue, think blue, think blue... » | Gone Baby Gone » | The Last Straw » | Random Thought Whenever » | I still have a job. » | Meetings Schmeetings » | MO man shoots wife while trying to install satelli... » | This one's for my HATERS! » | Please Pass the Stupid » 

Monday, April 07, 2008 

Random Thought Whenever: Dogs, carcasses, and cats. But mostly cats.

If there's a dead possum within 6 miles, our dogs will find it and bring it back to the yard, even though doing so means that they have to go through the shocker fence--twice. Having retrieved said possum carcass, they will roll in it. Resistance is futile. Embrace the stench.

A possum carcass takes a really long time to completely rot.

A human needs only come within a few feet of a dog who has rolled in a possum carcass to absorb the stench. It doesn't fade away with a simple hand wash. A full shower is required. Shaving helps.

Bret Michaels is creepy.

I love The Soup.

Pookie has tapeworms. The thought of tapeworms makes me gag. If I see a tapeworm, I am unable to swallow my own saliva for hours.

I can see all of the veins in my stomach.

My vagina is perfect. I just thought I'd like to say that out loud while I still can, since there's basically a time bomb strapped to it.

American Idol isn't entertaining anymore, dog.

When the vet gives you a pill to give the cat for tapeworms, they recommend that you open the capsule and sprinkle the powder onto the cat's favorite food. Pookie decided he wasn't hungry when I did this-- and Millay, who we were certain was dead since she hasn't shown up in almost a month, decided it was the perfect time to slip in the back door and eat Pookie's food. So Millay has now been wormed.

They give you 2 pills to kill the worms-- 1 for now, and 1 for in two weeks, to kill any eggs. Considering that this pill dodge was Pookie's second in less than 24 hours (yeah, the same thing happened twice-- once yesterday with roundworm medicine and once today with tapeworm medicine-- Pookie walked away from it and Millay swooped in, so Millay won't have any worms for, like, ever) I had to be very careful what I did with the final dose. So I waited until he yawned, tossed it into the back of his mouth, and held his mouth shut until he swallowed. Victory!

Now I gotta go back and get another pill to give him in 2 weeks. May as well get one for Millay too. For all I know she may have needed it. It's not like she lives here anymore. I'm thinking of putting a collar on that gal so the old lady who must be feeding her will realize that she's someone's cat. But it's saving on cat food, and Pookie's happier when she's gone, so...

My mother has bought a closet full of boy clothes.

Why do Jay-Z and Beyonce deserve to have 60,000 rare orchids hand-picked and shipped from Thailand for their wedding?

Nothing makes you look stupider than wearing your hat sideways. Dog.

Tibet needs to fight back already. Or shut up.

I've been watching too much t.v. today. Watching too much t.v. is more fun than work.

Almost no comments in three days. You suck!

Guilty as charged. Now lick me! That is all!!!

XOXOX
MB

Yo, yo, dog. Check it out, check it out. You did your thing. We're diggin' it.

BUT -

We do NOT suck.

"A possum carcass takes a really long time to completely rot."

That's why I made HH throw OUR possum carcass over the fence into the neighbor's field, instead of down our sinkhole.

Our dogs showed no interest in the dead possum. Mr. O. Possum laid in the driveway all freakin' day. The frost that was on him from the morning had melted by the time we got home from school. That was all we needed to realize that he wasn't just 'playing possum'.

MB and DY-- okay okay. You don't suck.

Well the frost explains it, HM. A possum carcass is only fun to roll in if it's at least 85 degrees outside.

What I wouldn't do for a nice deep sinkhole right now...(maybe the dogs would go in after it and solve our two biggest current problems.)

I have done exhaustive research for nigh unto a week now, and I have come to the conclusion that I cannot authoritatively comment one way or the other upon the subject of opossum carcasses. I bid good day to you all.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health