« Home | I Wanna be a Pop Star » | Oh, How I Love Monkeys » | Maybe they're reading » | It's not even 6 a.m. yet and I'm cussing. Like a f... » | The weather changed today » | I bet there are a lot of alcoholic teachers » | I need overtime, dammit. » | Still Strong » | Pepto and Coffee » | Who let you in? » 

Friday, September 28, 2007 

Piss in my Wheaties, why dontcha!?

Tonight on my way up to my parents' house I stopped in Jackson to snag maself one of the two Sony Vaio laptops that are on sale for $649.99. I did my research, and my computer geek bro-in-law said it was a killer deal, so I decided to buy it. The Hattiesburg store said there were only a few left-- two were in Jackson, and three were in Gulfport.

It came with a gig of ram, and I paid an extra $120 to have an additional gig of ram installed before I left with the thing, and I had to wait an hour for that. This made the drive home much longer, considering that my normal bedtime is before 10:00 and I didn't get here until after 11:00 I'm pretty beat. So imagine my frustration when I finally opened up my shiny new laptop and discovered that there's only 1.5 gigs of ram on it. There was also an unopened box containing a one gig stick.

I don't understand. Where did that other stick come from? What did they do with my computer for an hour while I played demo games on the Xbox 360? Did they install half a gig? Did they not install anything? It came with 1 gig, and now has 1.5, so I think they installed something, but there's another 1 uninstalled in the box. WTF?? Something is fishy heah.

First thing tomorrow morning I'll be calling the Jackson Best Buy to inquire. I paid those bitches good money and wasted good driving time to make sure I'd have 2 gigs of ram, and I'll be damned if they're not going to give me what I paid for. If they try to screw me, I will organize my internet homegirls and bombard them with angry phone calls until they cave.

Now I can't sleep because I can't quit clenching my jaw. Nothing ruins an exciting purchase like having to deal with a series of stupid people to make it happen the way you envisioned.

Other than that, my day off today was fabulous! I slept until 8:00, reconciled last night's unblogged-about spat with TH, folded the mountains of laundry that were swallowing our house, washed a bunch of dishes, swept the laundry room and the kitchen, picked up the tiny bits of newspaper that the puppies used to decorate the back yard, cleaned a bathroom, and wrote a few lesson plans.

Okay, my day off could've been more relaxing, but at least I wasn't at work. It was nice to look at the clock every couple of hours and be able to imagine precisely what hell my substitute must have been enduring at that moment.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health