« Home | Who let you in? » | Confessions of a Fat Ass » | Bitch, Moan, Repeat » | Apples and Oranges and Write-ups, oh my! » | Junior Haiku 2 » | Junior Haiku » | I'm tired from all the work I don't do » | I was due. » | Today I Saw Elvis » | Don't let the f*ckers get ya down » 

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 

Pepto and Coffee

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, but didn't go to sleep until after 10:00 because TH came in to remind me of how awesome Camaros are. He also said he wanted to turn off the air conditioner and raise some windows since it was supposed to get down to 55. I begged him not to open any front windows; I said we should just open the bedroom window. He insisted that if anyone did try to come into our house, the dogs would go crazy and he would wake up right away. Like his simply being awake has the power to ward off would-be evildoers.

At 2:00, I was awakened by whimpering puppies. They're still sleeping in a crate in the laundry room. It's at the other end of the house, so I guess the noise was slightly louder than a whimper. It was more of a doggy sound which clearly translates to "Get me out of here NOW!" One of them needed to pee or something, and since there is no ignoring a whimpering anything at 2 a.m. I got up to let them out. TH didn't get up until I turned on the hall light, and I'm not sure he was even really awake. So much for the protective powers of consciousness.

Oh, did I mention that the house was sticky and hot when I woke up? My neck felt like someone had just pulled a giant candy wrapper from around it. I closed all the windows, turned on the a/c, and went back to bed to await the slow coming of coolness and sleep. I was awake for over an hour.

I hate it when I wake up in the middle of the night. When that happens, it doesn't matter if I've had a total of 8 hours or a total of 4 hours. If the hours are not uninterrupted, it's like I took two three-and-a-half-hour naps. I don't need two three-and-a-half-hour naps. I need seven or eight hours of deep, uninterrupted sleep. You know, to rebuild my willingness to deal with the b.s. that comes with the sunlight. Two three-and-a-half-hour naps makes for an impatient teacher-- especially when she spent that whole time having a nightmare about a child who was lying about having been punched in order to get her fired. They're even in my sleep. I am not looking forward to work today. Not one bit.

If ever I were going to call in sick when I could really push on, today would be a good day. My medicine combined with my new diet has my stomach doing unpleasant things, and I'm sleeeeepy. But I have an appointment with a parent. My fourth this week. I'm not complaining. At least they care.

I can't believe it's only Wednesday. GAH!

You misspelled "The school year is almost over" there at the end, Meanie. If you don't keep chanting the mantra, the magical hate fairies will make the year drag on forever, you know.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health