« Home | I was due. » | Today I Saw Elvis » | Don't let the f*ckers get ya down » | Missipissy. » | DPA goes to the vagina doctor. » | Good Morning » | Day Off » | need a drank » | No title necessary » | Dog poop, lesson plans. They smell the same to me. » 

Sunday, September 09, 2007 

I'm tired from all the work I don't do

Progress reports went out this past week, so I'm looking forward to a few angry concerned parents calling me this week. Especially from one class of 7th graders in particular. Most of their parents were present at our Open House, but the kids did particularly crappily on their progress reports. That's mostly due to the fact that out of three homework assignments only about four kids turned anything in, so most of them have two or three zeros. On top of that, they mostly failed the first test (I wonder why!) and the second and third quizzes. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that they're not doing their daily work. No, it'll all be my fault. I'm not teaching them, you know. I just go in there and pick my nose and then base their grades on who cringes the least.

Thank goodness for Wednesday. It's another freebie day, aka co-teacher training at USM. I get to go somewhere besides my regular work site and sit in a room and daydream listen for eight hours. Actually, about six hours-- maybe even five. They start late, take several breaks, give us a full hour for lunch, and let out early. In between all those various breaks, we generally spend 10 minutes per hour off topic. I love training.

Have you noticed that my use of commas has improved? It's not because of the training; it's because of the teaching. (You know, the teaching I'm not doing for the kids who aren't learning.)

Excuse me while I pat myself on the back for that perfect use of a semicolon.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health