« Home | No title necessary » | Dog poop, lesson plans. They smell the same to me. » | I've been meaning to tell you... » | Unda presshah! » | Can I get a witness? » | Diet Feet » | Sweet » | They. Need. Parents. » | I didn't know feet could hurt this bad » | It Only Hurts the First Time » 

Thursday, August 23, 2007 

need a drank

There's so much that I have to do every day that I can't even sort it all out in my head long enough to write a paragraph or two about it. The amount of work I am expected to do in a day is mind boggling, and when I get home there is more to do. I have been spending every waking minute on some task, and I'm still not getting it all done.

Monday was parent night. I got to work at 7:30 a.m., and signed out at 7:50 p.m. During those twelve hours and twenty minutes, I didn't take a break. I'm not exaggerating. My planning period was spent in TWO parent conferences, and I worked on cleaning my room, getting some documents ready, and other such tasks from the time the last bell rang to the time the parents started showing up that evening. I have to get someone from a nearby room to come watch my class just so I can take a whiz-- and the faculty bathroom on my end of the building is located in a wing that requires me to walk outside to get to it. The bathroom is not air conditioned (it is, but it's not working), so I come back sweaty. Emptying my bladder should not require breaking a sweat.

Every night I have dreams about work. That sucks. I would like to be able to fall asleep with some certainty that it will be an escape, not more of the same. I don't mean to sound so unhappy. My job is going well, and I like it. I'm just tired. The next sumumabitch that makes some remark about us teachers having summers off is getting kicked in the balls if I'm within reach.

Tim is on his way back from Slidell, Louisiana right now. It's only about an hour from here. He went to buy lottery tickets. They're about to draw for $300,000,000. That's three hundred million, if you're like me and need words.

Cross your fingers. I'll share.

Nothin' says we love our teachers like coming back from the bathroom with sweaty underwear.

Oh, I'm gonna definitely hit you up with a Share the Wealth card if you do.

You know, since you teachers have it so easy and all. (Thank God I'm out of reach, and I'm just kidding - please share!)

Thank the Gummi Mary I can at least whiz in air-conditioned comfort. And my classroom is the one closest to the teacher workroom that contains the faculty facilities.

I stopped by Lower Basementia after school today, and broke a sweat within the first 3 minutes. I am SO living large with my new assignment this year.

Well, it sounds like no matter what, you are still in a a much better environment than MS-Delta-Desk-Throwing hell! And it sounds like two parent conferences is TWO MORE than you would have had at We-Don't-Give-A-Crap High.

Not that I don't feel sorry for your for your sweaty pee breaks and all, I'm just trying to keep you focused! I hope that if you do win the lottery, you will at least finish the semester!!!!

If you win, you should definitely go track down desk-throwing girl and toss some furniture at her for a change. I'll drive.

Well, we didn't win the 300 million. Guess I have to go to work tomorrow.

Thank God for cotton underwear.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health