« Home | I didn't know feet could hurt this bad » | It Only Hurts the First Time » | cheap Chinese plastic crap » | Update » | 3 in 1: Comments on Work, a Note About the Bridge... » | Bureaucratic Kudzu » | Cleanin out my closet » | Why the Insurance Company Hates My Guts » | Must Have Down Time » | Plans » 

Thursday, August 09, 2007 

They. Need. Parents.

If I could read their minds, I still wouldn't know what they really need. My job is only to teach them how to pick out the main idea in an essay, or tell whether an author is trying to persuade them or entertain them, or where to put a comma in a sentence. When your dad is dead and your mom's working until 7:00 and you're taking care of your three little brothers until she gets home, commas don't mean much and the main idea isn't what the teacher's telling you it is.

Note that "parents" is plural, meaning "more than one."

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health