« Home | Why the Insurance Company Hates My Guts » | Must Have Down Time » | Plans » | Well THAT was awkward! » | Pookie's Peanuts » | Sticky Notes » | Got Skillz? » | The Mundane Details of My Mundane Day » | Guilt by association? Let's hope not. » | The Mini Forests are Gone » 

Monday, July 30, 2007 

Cleanin out my closet

After writing the previous post, I stepped outside to find that it was raining harder than I thought, so I abandoned my spur of the moment plan to go work on my room. To get to my room from the parking lot, I have to walk a distance across a big yard. The school has one of those weird setups. I didn't feel like hauling a cardboard box and a mini fridge across that big yard in the rain, so I stayed here and cleaned out a closet. There were a couple of skeletons in there. Turns out TH kept all the painfully corny notes I wrote him in our first year of togetherness, way back when every joyful or painful moment seemed like a defining one.

I hate cleaning out drawers and closets, because you invariably come across tons of crap that you're not sure what to do with. That's why it was shoved into a closet or drawer in the first place-- because it was in the way, but whoever did the shoving didn't think it could be trashed. A bill of sale from a camper that TH bought in 2001-- to trash, or not to trash? The camper was stolen, after all, and some part of me thought the bill of sale might come in handy if it's ever found. We gave up hope on that long ago, but I dread that moment when having the bill of sale is suddenly extremely important and I have to tell TH that I chunked it just days ago, and in that moment I will look and feel like the biggest idiot on the planet.

So what's my solution, you ask? Well I'm going to set it out on the computer desk so that he has to make the call, of course. I don't know why I'm going to the trouble. If he decides it can be thrown away and then that moment comes after all, he'll conveniently forget the lengths I went to to make sure it could be thrown away, and probably even deny that I ever brought it to his attention. Men have selective hearing and memories, you know. He'll probably select this particular blog post to remember as an example of how I fuss about him. He shouldn't take it too seriously. Nobody else does. Hell, nobody even reads this thing anymore. It's just my lonely voice echoing in the neverending hallways of the internet. Hello hello hello hello hello hello

See? Nothingness.

All of Hillbilly Mom's talk about new computers has fanned the flame of my computer envy. I've been trying to fight off a longing for a new laptop for about six months now, but I'm starting to lose the battle. I don't know exactly what I want, but I want it to be fast enough to play video without any hiccups, because I like to download things to show my young'uns. I'll try not to start researching just yet, because once I figure out exactly what I want, there will be no stopping me. And after all the recent costs of exploding pipes and flooded hallways, TH probably won't be too keen on the idea of a semi frivolous purchase any time in the near future.

Tomorrow I will post a pic of the pipe the guy tried to seal with electrical tape, just for shts and giggles.

Oh hush with your nothingness!

We have an attic in our house. That's where all our old papers go to die.

One of these days, I am convinced the ceiling is going to cave in on our heads and authorities will find our poor dead corpses under a gigantic mound of old bank statements, mortgage records and Wal-Mart receipts.

Cause of death: PackRatitis.

There are no mounds of papers or receipts in the house, they are all in my office! My marriage license is folded into a nice little wedge so the printer table doesn't wobble. Every bank statement, bill and certificate that anyone in my family has received in the past 11 years is in this office, if I ever leave here I'll need a U-haul or a bonfire!

I finally threw away the abstract for a house we bought 30+ years ago. They don't even give you an abstract any more, and we sold the house at least 25 years ago. So far, so good.

Mr. Bates-- YOU'RE ALIVE! Nice to see you.

Damn Yank-- We don't have mounds. Yet. If it were up to TH, we would. He thinks it's dangerous to throw anything away. We do use filing cabinets for lots of things, but don't tell him that I do occasionally throw away old mortgage statements or car payment statements from long ago. (Only after carefully inspecting them to make sure there aren't any ssn's on them, of course.)

Mrs. Coach-- Whatever holds your marriage (or your desk) together. My marriage license still feels sorta special. It's locked in a fire proof safe.

Betty-- What's an abstract? Something you had to have before you could get the concrete? Har har har!

UPDATE---- TH folded the bill of sale and slid it under the keyboard. That debble.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health