« Home | Guilt by association? Let's hope not. » | The Mini Forests are Gone » | The Devil Does St. Louis » | A solution named sue » | ...Please don't let it rain on the 28th, please do... » | The Inefficiency Floorplan » | Won't You Be My Assistant? » | In the News » | update » | Insomnia. I hate it. » 

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 

The Mundane Details of My Mundane Day

Today was more of the same, except the lady who acted like such a dumbass yesterday must have taken her medication this morning, because she was much more reasonable.

On Sunday night I only had about three or four hours of sleep, but I made it through Monday fine. By last night, I was dragging, but I still couldn't fall asleep until after midnight. Today was rough. I had my standard cup of coffee this morning, and I kept waiting for the caffeine to hit me, but it never did. For the entire morning I felt like I had just opened my eyes for the first time. It was miserable. I couldn't focus on what we were doing, I wasn't comprehending anything that was going on, and it was basically several hours of wondering when it would end. When you're that tired, everything kinda hurts. The chair gets uncomfortable, you're suddenly wearing the most uncomfortable pair of shoes ever made, and everyone around you seems to be going on and on and on and you can't see the importance of anything except sleep.

After lunch I felt much better. I had sushi for the first time in months. We had over an hour for our break, and TH said he didn't want to come to that end of town to meet me, so I splurged on something I wanted.

The plumbing issues are resolved, or at least they seem to be. Since there have been several times in the past when we thought it was resolved only to find another lake in the living room, we're still a little skeptical, but it's definitely supposed to be fixed.

TH called the former employer of the scam artist today, and they basically told him that they weren't responsible for what the guy did and that they're sorry he got screwed but it's not their problem. He told them he was trying to do the right thing by giving them the information and the chance to make it right or work something out, but that if they wanted to ignore it, we'll get a lawyer involved. They had no answer for that, so it's on to the next step.

It's just a matter of finding a lawyer who deals with these kinds of cases. Tomorrow he's supposed to talk to a girl he works with whose husband is an attorney. We have been dealing with this for more than two years and I can't wait til those jackasses have to make this right. I can't see any possible way for us to lose. They are clearly liable.

I have another mundane day tomorrow, and I don't want to spend another morning yawning and hating the world.

Now you know why I read blogs first thing in the mornings after I get to work, I'm not really awake enough to function at anything else. I refuse to use the heavy equipment in the warehouse until my eyes are at least half-open. The warehouse guys prefer I stay out of the warehouse but what's the point in owning a forklift if you can't chase somebody with it?

OK--word verification is "ezndn"
Easy Indian how did it know?

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health