« Home | The Inefficiency Floorplan » | Won't You Be My Assistant? » | In the News » | update » | Insomnia. I hate it. » | Bummer » | Who's the coolest wife EVER?? » | Quickie » | Stop and smell the...armadillo corpse? » | Not so subtle clue » 

Thursday, July 19, 2007 

...Please don't let it rain on the 28th, please don't let it rain on the 28th, please don't let it....

Last year on the 4th of July we had a family get together/cookout here at our place. My folks came down and we made a day of it. It was sort of a way for my family and TH's family to meet before our wedding. This 4th we didn't do that because everyone had just returned from vacations and seemed tired. We're doing it next weekend.

I've got 15 pounds of catfish filets, and we're going to fry them in the giant outdoor pot thingie that TH fries turkeys in at Thanksgiving. We've never done it this way, but how much different can it be to fry fish in a pot outside in peanut oil than it is to fry it on the stovetop in Lake Crisco?

It was supposed to be everyone from both sides, but so far my mother is the only one from my side who has confirmed that she's coming. My dad is undecided because he would have to miss work, and I think my sister and her clan are holding out to find out if my mother is going to pay for the gas or whatever costs are associated with coming down. So best case scenario from my side is that my mom, sister, bro in law, and the kids show up.

Today we had lunch with TH's sisters, and found out that his niece and her roommate aren't coming. They're going to a beauty pageant. I know. Hey, if you're crazy enough to take a beauty pageant over a fish fry, then you probably belong at the beauty pageant with the other nuts. I'm not sure if Big Strong Cowboy Nephew is coming or not. He's in love with a girl, and if she can't come he might not want to. I think we'll invite her. Why not? She's been around for about a year, and was at our family Christmas thingie.

I wish I had a great story to tell, but I don't. I'm just longing for catfish. It will be the last hurrah of summer.

I wanna come! Dip the fish in dry Jiffy Cornbread mix, it's yummy fried that way!

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health