« Home | The Devil Does St. Louis » | A solution named sue » | ...Please don't let it rain on the 28th, please do... » | The Inefficiency Floorplan » | Won't You Be My Assistant? » | In the News » | update » | Insomnia. I hate it. » | Bummer » | Who's the coolest wife EVER?? » 

Sunday, July 22, 2007 

The Mini Forests are Gone

It took me all of yesterday and today, but I have conquered the mini forests in the back yard. First, I used the weed eater to get rid of most of the grass and hopefully scare away any snakes that may have been lurking there. Then, I used a saw to get rid of the many mini trees whose little trunks were too thick for the weed eater. Some of them were really big! One tree was so surrounded that you couldn't even tell where the mini forest ended and the main tree began. After that, I got the push mower, and got the rest of the grass and weeds, then I made one more pass with the saw to get some things I left behind yesterday. There are still a few places that I need to hit with the weed eater again, but it's 100% better and TH is off tomorrow so I'm hoping he'll tie up the loose ends.

The yard looks fabulous now. I'm so proud. After I finished, the birds were hopping around in the freshly cut grass under the trees. I've noticed we've got more birds lately. They're mostly Mockingbirds, but a Hummer or two has finally started frequenting the feeder I hung on the front porch. Perhaps they finally decided to take up residence here now that Sweet Tea isn't out there to chase them. Pookie doesn't seem to have much interest, and Millay has been spending more and more time indoors as her tolerance for him increases.

Tomorrow is my first day of work, and I have to go through Wednesday. On Thursday I have to take Pookie to the vet at 8 a.m., so I think I'll pull weeds out of the flower beds while he's there being de-balled. I don't want my family knowing how lazy I am, and weeds in the flower beds are a dead giveaway. I'm extra motivated right now because if I could just get rid of those weeds, the yard would be almost perfect. It would be looking better than it has ever looked before, for sure. And I think we can maintain it now that it's up to standard.

Hurray!

Labels:

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health